𝟑𝟏

He hadn't expected them to last this long, sure most of the time was built on secrecy and lies. But it was still something, and now Regulus is standing in the gryffindor common room, unnoticed by most of the people there. Others just don't care enough to acknowledge him.

Right in view of Regulus is James, the man he has fallen so in love with the next sentences he will have to say will break him more than Regulus could ever know. But he had to listen to the voice, he couldn't keep lying to himself. The voice was a painful thing sure, but had it ever lied to him?

"James?" James looked up at him, a dopey smile forming on his face as he stared at his boyfriend above him.

"Hello Reggie" Regulus broke, he started tearing up as he stared at James. His stoic expression of false apathy cracking. James stood up to stare at him a look of worry apparent on his face.

"Uh... James? Can we talk?" His voice was quiet, attempting to hide his tears and broken voice as he reminds himself why he's doing this, for James. Everything he's doing is for James. "Alone..."

James stands up grabbing Regulus' hand and dragging him outside of the common room despite the protests of his friends who are oblivious to Regulus' teary eyes.

"Are you okay?" James had a hand on Regulus' cheek as he inspected his tears.

"I can't do this" James' brows furrowed together as he stared at Regulus.

"What?"

"This... us" Regulus' voice broke as he stared at James' confused and hurt face. "It won't work..."

"Why not? You don't get to say weather we will work or not"

"I'm sorry James..." James shook his head gripping Regulus' cheek. You could see the tears starting to form in his eyes.

"No" Regulus' eyes widened when James dropped his hand, taking on a stoic expression. "I don't know what your reason are but unless you tell me a good one I'm not accepting this.

"I- I don't... l-love you anymore" James' brows furrowed, you could think he was glaring at you if you didn't know that he was just confused.

"That's not your reason, I can tell when you're lying Reggie" Regulus sighed in defeat, if he told him about the voice... would he think he was crazy?

"If I join your side... in the war, my family will kill you... I know the type of people they are and I couldn't stand to watch you die because of me" James sighed, grabbing Regulus cheek again to bring their foreheads together.

"I love you so much, if you really want to break up then we will... but if your just worried about me then please..."

_______

Oops guess you have to wait until next chapter for what Regulus decides 🙋‍♂️