𝟐𝟖

Life was so much easier when Regulus decided to just choose his happiness over others, sure it was selfish and could possibly backfire. But Regulus had been through so much in so little time, he deserved to be a little selfish.

So here he was, studying for his OWL's with James, who's trying to help but is being more of a distraction then Regulus could afford.

Regulus looked up from his History of Magic book for the thousandth time, glancing at James through his eyelashes. a small smile creeping onto his face as he observes the Gryffindor reading the most recent book Regulus reccomended him.

“I can feel you staring,” James speaks after a moment, setting down the book to look up at the Slytherin. “Are you okay? Do you need help?”

“You’re really pretty,” Regulus tried to stop himself from saying it, but at that point, saying stuff like that should be normal. But Regulus still turned bright red when James smiled widely at him, his cheeks just as red.

"You're really pretty too Reggie"

"Oi stop flirting and get studying" Regulus groaned as his brother appeared behind them with the rest of his friends.

"Leave him alone Sirius, he's in love!" Marlene's sing songy voice almost made him gag but he still smiled at them, it was clearly forced and laced with sarcasm.

"I was studying I just stopped for a minute to talk to James, now if you guys could leave me to study...." Sirius raised his hands up in surrender as he jokingly glared at James.

"Fine- fine, I guess I'm not appreciated here" Regulus sighed as he turned back to James.

"Hows the book going?" James smiled widely as the rest of the group groaned and walked away from their 'nerdy book club' as Mary would call it.

"They're going to last forever right? Like they have a lot against them but they're going to last forever?" Regulus smiled at the connection he always finds with the charecters of the books and him and James.

"Yes... they're going to last forever" James smiled kissing Regulus quickly before bringing his book up to himself to read.

"Start studying before Sirius blames me again" Regulus laughed with a tone filled with love as he went back to studying.

"Of course Jamie"

______

💔💔💔 why has there been no chapters you ask... I have no idea I'm so sorry lmao