𝟑𝟐

"I- we weren't supposed to be together... it was supposed to be you and Lily..." James gripped onto Regulus' hand hoping if he's hard enough it'll convince Regulus to stay with him.

"But it is us, Regulus... I don't want it to be me and Lily, I want it to be you and me... I need it to be you and me" Regulus looked up and James, breathless as he stared up at him with wide eyes.

"Why..."

"You are my oxygen Regulus, I can breathe because of you. I spent so long suffocating, but you came around and I can breathe" Regulus hands reached James' cheeks, wiping away the tears with his thumbs.

"I can breathe because of you too" Regulus didn't want to give in, he shouldn't give in. Its dangerous, for him, for James, for Sirius. But everything makes sense when he's with James. His eyes seem to make every challenge in his life minuscule, he is in love with James Potter.

And that's why you can't give in.

"I can't give in, I can't be that stupid... if I do this I will loose you, and it will be all my fault. I have to let you go" James brought Regulus closer, knowing if Regulus chose to let him go, he wouldn't be able to hold him like that again. "But... I can't" Regulus' voice broke as he stared anywhere but James' eyes, filled with desperation and heartbreak. "I can't let you go..."

"I can take care of myself Reggie" Regulus breathed in the scent of James, and his desicion made so much sense. Because James, was the reason he couldn't let go.

"I know... I just don't want you to have to" James chuckled, it was breathless, more of a sigh of relief. That he didn't have to let go of Regulus either.

What did I tell you about not listening to me. I'm not trying to hurt you Regulus... you're hurting yourself.

Regulus sighed, the voice didn't seem so powerful, when he was wrapped around his oxygen.

_________

What's this? Jegulus not breaking up in a fic???

>:))) I've got plans

Idk if there will be a chapter tommorow but if not...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!