𝟐𝟓

"I'm loved" James pulled away from Regulus' hug with a smile, staring at Regulus' glossy eyes, either happy or left over sad he couldn't tell.

But they were loved, and how the feeling of being loved can blind eachother from why they were fighting in the first place.

"James?" But the blindness could only last so long, and somehow one word from a redheaded girl a few feet away from them, could shatter all of their happiness.

"Lily" Regulus broke out of the hug, sitting down to stare at the couple, the couple that had broke him in the first place.

"Why do I keep doing this to myself" James turned to Regulus as he got up to walk away, "why do I keep stepping forward"

"Reggie wait!" Regulus sighed turning to look at James, then looking at Lily.

"You are a coward James, and I can't even blame you for it" James gripped Regulus' arm stopping him from moving.

"Lily I'm... gay" Regulus' eyes widened, Lily gasped before nodding slightly and walking away.

"I kinda feel bad..." James nodded, caressing the hand that was still gripped in his.

"Ya well I told her I was in love with her... I feel horrible" Regulus squeezed their hands tighter.

"James... I need time... to trust you again" James looked up at Regulus and nodded slightly, bringing him into a comforting hug.

"I know... I'll be here whenever you're ready"

_______

Bonus because this chapter was short

_______

Lily wasn't dumb, she was quite intelligent actually. But there was one thing she was dumb about, James Potter.

James, the guy who has been pining after her for years completely unrequited, until she finally said yes. Saying yes was one of the best decisions she had made.

But James wasn't the same with her in awhile, he was always staring, at nothing, or at... everything, at Regulus Black.

Lily wasn't dumb she noticed, noticed the smile on his face as he stared at him, the smile that he used to stare at her with.

"Lily I'm... gay" she had figured out his crush on Regulus awhile ago, but that didnt stop the feeling that she was breaking as he said those words.

She nodded silently, because she knew that if she talked she would break down. And she couldn't break down because it wasn't his fault, how could she blame someone for being gay.

So she nodded, silently, and walked away.

______

Lily moment? I think that having a scene that shows Lily thoughts was good???