𝟑𝟕

1980

James was sat exhausted as he watched Sirius pick up his son. Almost glaring at the baby who had sucked out his life force after only being alive for a day.

"Hello little Prongslet" Remus walked up behind him to pet Harry's head.

"Ya talk to him like that when he keeps you up all night" James glared at the newborn who just smiled at him in response Peter laughed walking beside Lily to say hi to Harry.

"Hello Prongslet, it was nice to meet you but I have to go now" The marauders looked at Peter with an eyebrow raised before watching him wave goodbye and apparate away.

"Think he's got a girlfriend? That or he's a death eater" Sirius questioned while chuckling.

"That would make a good story plot" James laughed before grabbing Harry and walking to his nursery.

"This is too much..." Harry coo'd in his crib watching his dad try to calm himself down, "I love you Harry but I miss him so much" James couldn't tell if he was crying, his voice breaking as he spoke lightly at his son. Not expecting a response but needing to get it off his chest.

"I miss him too, everyday" James whipped around to see Sirius stood at the door, "I wasted so much of his life ignoring him, I abandoned him"

"Hey don't say that... he knew you loved him, you were brothers" Sirius choked on a sob as he wrapped his arms around James.

"I miss him Prongs, every time I see you I think I'll see Regulus right beside you but he's not there" James pressed into Sirius tighter, nodding as tears ran down his face.

"Everytime I look at Harry- he's my son I shouldn't be thinking about how much I wish Regulus was here instead of him" James' voice broke, a sob caught in his throat as he looked to his son, his adorable son. His light during the war, and all he can see is if Regulus was here, he wouldn't be.

______

Sheesh 🙋‍♂️