Patronus

Mara's POV

The holidays were over and students came back to Hogwarts. I spent most of my holidays with Draco as we wanted to keep each other company, but it felt different. He was distant with me and it felt like he questioned in what we have between each other or maybe he was trying to figure out if I feel the same feelings towards him as he feels towards me, which I don't. I fell for him and he clearly just wanted to be my friend.

The DA meeting started again and today I helped Harry when it came to teaching everyone the Patronus Charm. My Patronus is a White Swan and, my fathers is a Raven which is a very unusual Patronus.

Many people struggled to dig deep into their happy memories to cast the charm, others on the other hand were quick to cast the charm. There was so much happiness in the room that it allowed other people to cast their Patronus charms.

All of a sudden there was banging on the wall which caused the room to go dark.

"Bombarda!"

Umbridge looked in to see that we were practicing spells and my heart sank when I saw Draco standing there smirking because we were caught.

It didn't take long to put together that Marietta snitched on us as she always asked questions about the meeting but never turned up to them. Me and Cho looked at each other in disbelief as we walked out the Room of Requirement.

We were all given detention in the great hall the next evening, but I wanted to go somewhere, where I could just be alone and I knew that the lake was my last option because Draco goes there a lot too, so I decided that the Astronomy Tower was my best option. Not only was I upset with Marietta but Draco too I don't understand how any of them could do this.

Draco's POV

The plan was ready to catch Harry Potter's little meeting. Marietta came into Umbridge's office the night before to tell Umbridge everything that they were doing and how they were doing it out of retaliation to the rules that were set by the Ministry.

I hoped that Mara wasn't part of this as I knew that she would be doing a bad thing but Umbridge is going to set them a detention but not just any normal detention. The students would use the Black Quill which cut into the skin everything that they were told to write on the paper. If she was part of it then I would do everything I could to stop her from being in that detention.

Once Umbridge destroyed the wall I saw her. I smirked out of fear to make sure I blended in with the others but really I felt awful seeing her there. She looked upset as I stood there smirking, her head looked down onto the floor, with her hands in her pockets. She couldn't look at me, she was ashamed of me and I knew that, I couldn't bare to know how this made her feel, not only did her friend betray them but I stood with the opposition.

I went by the lake hoping she would be there so I could explain everything to her. I waited for a few hours but she never came. I was sad but I wasn't disappointed, she had every right to be upset with me but I wanted her to know that this isn't what I wanted.

I walked back to the Slytherin Common room and as I walked through the corridors there she was. She wore her blue baggy knit jumper which she wore most of the time she went out to sit by the lake.

"Mara."

"Not now Draco."

"Please Mara let me walk you back to your dorm I will explain everything."

"Draco this isn't fair, I put my feelings towards you a side so its not awkward between us. I saw how happy you were when we were caught, I saw that grin of yours and it broke me. You're not who I thought you were."

She was walking away with tears streaming down her face. I didn't want to stand here and let her walk away from me not again.

"Mara that isn't the real me I have a lot to explain to you but please let me walk you back at least, you don't have to talk to me or even look at me but I promised you that I would tell you everything and I will, just give me a chance."

"You can walk me back but I need space for now."

"I understand."