St Mungo's Visit

Mara's POV 

It is Christmas day, but it doesn't feel like Christmas. When Molly and Arthur told me what happened to my father I felt a change in me, I felt low a lot of the time. The thought about losing my father scares me but it also makes me feel very low, the fact that he wouldn't be in my future really upsets me. I haven't gone to see him yet, I can't bring myself to walk into the room he is in. I've looked through the glass window and seeing the machines he has been put on really upset me, he can't answer me, he is in a deep sleep. 

What if he doesn't make it through? 

What will I do then? 

Draco's POV

I don't even go down for breakfast. I haven't eaten since I found out what happened to Mara's father, I haven't left my room either because I know that I will do something to them. 

We always used to celebrate Christmas here at the manor, my grandparent's from my mother's side always came in the morning after I opened my gifts and I loved talking to them. As Bellatrix was in prison and Andromeda was disowned it was just them. My fathers parents would come just before Christmas dinner, that was before they both sadly passed away when I was 11. There was tension between my father and his father and I never really got on with him either but that was our Christmas. Last year was my first year of not celebrating Christmas and this year is just the same. It's cold, gloomy, grey and all I feel is this melancholy feeling. 

I apparated to the Burrow to give Mara her gift. I knocked on the door and as she opened it the melancholy feeling was no longer there. I felt happy, I felt loved. 

"Merry Christmas." She said with a little smile. 

"Merry Christmas, how are you?" 

"I'm okay, I am going to see him if you would like to come with me." 

"I will come with you, but first I have something for you." 

I got the little box from my blazer pocket and handed it over to her. 

Mara's POV 

It was a bracelet with a little star on it which matched my necklace that I was wearing. 

"Draco, I love it." 

I jumped into his arms and squeezed him tightly. 

"I bought it a while ago, before Fleur's and Bill's wedding. I wanted to give it to you then, but I couldn't see you so I saved it for Christmas. I snuck out one day to see your father at the Ministry, I got him to put a charm on it which is the same charm that he put on your necklace, just in case you forgot to put it on." 

"I love it Draco, thank you for being so thoughtful. I won't have to take it off whilst I sleep. I got a little something for you too."

I handed over his wrapped present. The little box had a ring which had a star on it. He looked up at me and smiled. 

"It is to remind you of me." 

"It is a really nice ring Mar, what is the stone in the middle?" 

"It's a jade crystal." 

"Thank you Mar." He said with a smile. 

He held me, he squeezed me tightly like he didn't want to let go of me. 

"Should we go?" He asked. 

I nodded. 

I felt this anxious feeling as we arrived at St Mungo's Hospital, my chest felt tight and I felt like I couldn't breathe. I think Draco definitely noticed a change.