Helping Hand

Mara's POV

As I was eating breakfast I noticed Draco get a lot paler than he was yesterday. He wasn't eating, he just sat there whilst everyone else ate around him. He didn't touch any of the food on the Slytherin table. Pansy comforted him as you could tell that he went into a depressive state. He shrugged her off, he isolated himself. This is when I started to feel terrible about my decision, but I couldn't stay with him right now knowing what he did. I was upset, I just lost the person I thought was my soulmate. I lost him before I left him, I lost him as soon as he got that mark and it really hurt me.

Draco's POV

Sitting next to each other during our classes together was hard. I know that it was already hard for her the day I told her that I got the mark but I hurt her even more by turning out to be the person she didn't want me to be.

I haven't been eating since getting the mark I snack here and there but I am too tired to eat. I am surprised that she didn't notice on our double date in the way I looked. I ate of course so that she didn't but I wished that she did notice. I am struggling. I really need her. Gosh I need her.

During lunchtime I sat with Blaise. I told him as soon as I go into the common room in what happened. I think he is the only one that really gives a shit about the way I feel at this point. Crabbe and Goyle just care about my mission and Pansy is only there to try and flirt her way in.

"Mate you need to eat." Said Blaise.

"I am not hungry."

"You're going to make yourself ill."

"I don't really care about myself right now."

"Would Mara want this?"

"Excuse me." I snapped.

"Mara wouldn't want you doing this to yourself mate."

"How would you know? She left me Blaise, shows much she cares."

"Don't you think that this is too much for her? You know... knowing that her own boyfriend is a death eater to start with and now he is cursing people. Don't you think that she is already hurting? I am sure that she loves you very much you know but this is probably too much for her. What makes it worse right now is her looking at you because you won't put an ounce of food in your mouth. She tries to talk to you in class and she still gives you a little smile. I think that shows a lot of care you're just being ignorant. I am sure that if she sees you change she would want you to fight for her."

I just walked away.

"Don't listen to me then you fucking coward!" He exclaimed.

Yeah I am a coward because I can't admit to myself right now that I am in the wrong.

As I walked to Potions class I was stopped by Professor McGonagall.

"Can I talk to you Mr Malfoy?"

"Yes professor."

"Look there is no nicer way of putting this but with all the speculation going on I am going to have to pull you out of the Quidditch team."

"Wait are you serious?"

"Yes I am afraid."

"Okay."

I just walked away again. My life is falling apart so far so I just wanted to shut myself away. I still really wanted my last game to be with her but I guess that won't happen now.

Mara's POV

I over heard the conversation between McGonagall and Draco. I can't believe that the only thing that he uses to escort from all of this has been taken away from him. I felt awful, I already hurt him. I can't imagine the way he is feeling right now.