O.W.L.S

Mara's POV

It was the day of our O.W.L.S and I felt nothing but nerves. I barely ate this morning and barely slept. The fact that these exams count towards our next years classes worries me as I really wanted to focus on Astronomy and Divination so I could teach those subjects in the future. I looked over at Draco and he didn't seem worried at all and it bothered me because a few days ago I wasn't worried at all, I was confident within myself that I could do it.

I studied a lot with Ron and Draco for the past few days. Draco wasn't angry at me for helping Ron he actually says in how kind and generous I am for helping him. Ron didn't understand a lot of things but he tried really hard during the times we studied as he really wanted to pass his O.W.L.S so that he could become an Auror himself. He aspired high even though he wasn't the smartest and as for Draco I wasn't actually sure what he wanted in life.

Me and Cho used our time to go over everything that could be in the exam. It eased my mind studying, but I was still nervous.

"Mara?"

"Yeah?"

"Ending things with Harry has made me realise how much I like him and I don't know what to do."

"You should tell him Cho."

"I would but he is no longer mine."

"What do you mean?"

"His eyes are constantly locking with Ginny's, but its like he always had eyes for her. It makes me question if his feelings towards me were true."

"Maybe they weren't or maybe they were but sometimes after someone leaving you makes you realise who you really are falling for. Maybe its not meant to be Cho."

I felt awful telling her that, she was already crying as she expressed in how she believes Harry feels towards Ginny. I still believed that it was just grief that made her feel this way but on the other hand I also believed that she did like him as she was so upset over the fact that she believed that he liked Ginny.

"I think you're right Mara. I need to get over him and maybe focus on myself."

"Definitely."

"How about we spend the summer together Mara?"

"I would love that."

We planned a lot of things to do during the summer such as going ice skating and doing painting classes in Diagon Alley, but she also made days free for me to see Draco if he ever wanted to see me.

Walking to the Great Hall made me realise how nervous I actually was for the exams, I felt like I was going to panic, Draco realised by just looking into my eyes and held my hand as we walked through the corridors towards the hall.

"You're one of the smartest girls I know Mara, don't worry about a thing." He whispered.

I believed him but I didn't believe in myself and my ability. I wish my mother could say these things to me, my father barely writes to me as he is always busy helping the ministry. I felt alone, I had no family who were in contact with me and it made me so lonely, of course I had more friends than ever but I needed my family too.

Sitting in the desk with the paper in front of me is making me even more nervous than before. I think it made me feel worse that my father never sent me a letter to wish me good luck, I didn't find it unusual but it definitely didn't feel normal.

An hour went by, I was doing so well until I heard banging outside the hall. I don't do well with distractions when I am trying to concentrate. Umbridge walked through the the hall to see what was happening outside the hall. As the doors opened Fred and George flew in through their broomsticks setting off fireworks in retaliation to Umbridge. The fireworks were beautiful, I was mesmerised by them. Some of the Slytherins like Grabbe, Goyle and Parkinson were scared of the fireworks which me and Draco found hilarious.

We all ran outside to the quad as Fred and George flew out the hall. The teachers and students cheered as Fred and George caused chaos, it was great to see in how everyone other than the Slytherin's looked happy and free from everything that Umbridge caused.

"Mara, Umbridge is furious and will wants every DA member to be caught by the Inquisitorial Squad. I am not having you to be hurt again let me take you somewhere safe." said Draco.

"Can you please help Cho too."

"Of course, both of you come with me."

"okay."

We ran through the corridors to safety as we were stopped by Goyle.

"What do you think you are doing Malfoy!"

He got hold of me, Cho slipped away out of luck and Draco whispered to her to go to back to the Ravenclaw common room.

"Get your fucking hands of her Goyle!"

Draco was livid, he couldn't stand anyone hurting me or making me feel belittled.

I stood there in fear, Goyle was known to bully girls at Hogwarts. He frightened me, his grasp, his evil eyes, his voice.

"Oh your little girlfriend is scared over here."

"I've had enough."

Draco's fists tightened, his fists punching Goyle leaving him bleeding and still out of shock.

"Touch her again and I will do more than just punch the fuck out of you Goyle."

He kicked him in the face causing his nose to break.

"Might want to go to Hospital Wing. If I hear that you told people what happened you're done for."

Goyle ran away out of fear as the blood from his nose was all over his shirt and hands.

"Come on Mara we haven't got much time."

We ran to the Ravenclaw common room, Draco made sure to come in with me so he knew that Cho was safe which luckily she was. I ran and gave her a big hug.

"Mara make sure that you have your wand in your hand just in case any of them decide to barge in here."

"I will."

Draco left, he whispered something to me that I couldn't quite catch as he left so quickly.

Draco's POV

Goyle snatched her from me, I could see how tight he was holding her, how his evil eyes were looking at her ready to hurt her.

I couldn't help myself but hurt him. I punched him until I looked into Mara's eyes wanting me to stop.

After taking her to the Ravenclaw common room I whispered 'I love you' I don't think she quite got what I told her as I was in such a rush so I wouldn't get caught by anyone else.

I was worried about her but I was also worried about Cho, they were alone in there as everyone else was outside celebrating easy to be caught. I know how skilled of a witch she is, I just don't know what I would do if something bad happened to her.

Mara's POV

I was worried about him and what he was doing, I didn't know about anything that was going on and I didn't want to, I just wanted to make sure to keep Cho safe from all of this.

"Everything is going to change isn't it Mara?"

"I think so, but you've got me I promise."

"He loves you, you know. He whispered it as he left."

"He did."

"Go and get him Mara."

"I can't just yet not with what is going on."

"You better do it soon."

I didn't want to leave Cho on her own, but she was right I need to get him before its too late again. I feared of his rejection again, I feared of us fading away and him distancing from me. I couldn't hide it for much longer in how I felt.

"You're right Cho, will you be okay on your own?"

"I've got my wand, I will be okay."