Part 4

Meanwhile a nine year old girl from the kingdom of Empress, who had brown eyes and long straight hair was playing with her doll, which her mother had worked very hard to be able to buy it for her, then her father came home from work, who worked in machinery, you could see in his face that he was somewhat stressed and thirsty from drinking beer, which was the vice for which he was known. Suddenly, her dad took her wrist away from her, and she started crying.

-I told your mother not to waste money buying you these stupid dolls that are good for nothing," said her father, whose name was Roberto.

-Dad, give me my doll, please, it's the only thing I have to play with, please," begged the girl.

-I'm not going to give you anything, your mother told me she wasn't coming today, so, from now on, you will be the one preparing the three daily meals in this house, did you hear me? -said Roberto.

-But, daddy, why isn't mommy coming back today? -asked the girl.

-Because she's not, because she's not coming today, not today, not ever," shouted Roberto.

The little girl named Paula started to cry, she didn't like it when her father yelled at her, and she didn't like it when he told her that her mother was never coming back. Paula ran as fast as she could, ignoring the loud cries of her father, who told her that he had not yet given her permission to leave. Roberto, out of anger, hit hard on a small table on which some ornaments were resting, causing a slight bruise on the knuckles of his right hand and throwing a small red ceramic elephant ornament to the floor, shattering it instantly. Paula locked the door and waited for her father to stop screaming. She sat up in bed somewhat agitated and lowered her head. In front of her was a red and blue slip of paper on the floor, it bore the name of a psychic, Paula bent down and took it in her hands, then set about reading it, it read as follows:

I read the past and the future. I know everything. I am 500 yards down the street from the Wasp Stinger. Call: 8854 5116

Paula had that slip of paper because her mother, one day she was carrying it in her purse, she said that an old lady on the street had given it to her, and she didn't even know what it was for, so it occurred to Paula to go to that psychic so she could tell her what had happened to her mother. So, without thinking too much, she escaped from the house through the window trying not to make noise so that her father would not notice, and started looking for that psychic. Roberto would realize that the girl was not there until five past eight in the morning of the following day. As it was night Paula, after searching and searching for the psychic and not finding her, had no choice but to spend the night in the forest, as she did not want to return home and have her father ask her where she had been that time.