Part 53

The next day, Princess Vilma went to the hospital to check on Greta and David. The doctors told her that Greta was stable, with some internal bleeding, but that in a couple of days she would be able to return home. She then went to see David.

Vilma looked at her husband, lying in bed, vulnerable, in pain, but, thank heaven, alive. At that moment the doctor entered the room.

-Good morning, your highness.

-Oh, doctor, I'm so glad you're here, tell me, please, how is David going to be? -She asked nervously.

-Fortunately, the operation was a success. David will recover satisfactorily," said the doctor with a smile.

Vilma was overwhelmed with emotion.

-My love, what a joy, you will be fine," Vilma celebrated, euphoric.

David gave her a smile and an affectionate look.

-Yes, that's right, she will be fine, but for now she needs a lot of rest, she will be able to go home in two days," said the Doctor.

-Very well," said Vilma.

The doctor left the room.

-Love, please, I beg you, forgive me. I am totally sorry. I love you more than anything, you are my life," said David, his eyes full of tears.

-David, I want to tell you something," said Vilma, taking his hand.

-And what would that be? -He asked, in a faint voice.

-Yesterday, when you risked your life to save mine, I knew that your love is true, that you love me for who I am and not for what I have, and that's something a thief can't feel, that's why I know you're not a thief anymore, and you'll never be one again. You have changed for the better. And I also apologize for how I treated you after I found out about this, but you will understand that I would have preferred to hear it from you, and not from your former teacher. Sincerity above all is the key to a healthy and happy marriage," said Vilma, looking him in the eye.

-Thank you very much, Vilma, really. I promise you that I will not fail you, and that every day I will strive to be a better person for you and for the kingdom of Empress, I want, as the media says about me, I want to be an exemplary citizen. And yes, you are right, I love you more than anything, you are my soulmate, we were born to be together," David told her.

Vilma leaned a little towards him and gave him a tender kiss on the mouth.