Part 20

Meanwhile, in the castle, the royal dinner was taking place. On this occasion the king had been very specific with everything he wanted, he wanted the dinner to be served to them and that none of the employees would intervene during the dinner. In addition, he asked that the doors of the great royal dining room be closed, but that each of these doors be guarded by formidable castle guards.

-Well, as you will see, I have asked for as much privacy as possible, since what I am about to inform you is not something I am happy to tell you, especially for my dear Vilma, who is now a full-fledged lady," said King Fabius.

-Daddy, you can tell us anything, rest assured that nothing bad is going to happen and if they must happen, they will happen, for that is what you taught me, to be a full-fledged lady as you say and to face whatever comes," said Vilma in a tenacious manner.

-Fabio, dear, I always knew this day would come, as the queen I am I must suspect where you want to go with all this, just let me tell you, my love that this moment in the life of every king does not have to be bad or uncomfortable, I am willing to listen to what you have to tell us no matter what it is - she said, giving a smile to her husband.

-It is time, my daughter, for you to face reality, it is time for you to face your reality, as the princess you are, you are destined, from the moment of your conception you were destined, because, believe it or not, since you were born and during all your childhood, during all these years you have been preparing yourself, Vilma. For eighteen years you prepared yourself for the moment that will happen in two days. Well, daughter, as you have known all your life, our family belongs to the royalty which is the highest and most coveted lifestyle for every human being. There is not only one kingdom, there are others all over the world. Let me tell you now, dear daughter, that you have a great weight on your back, the weight of history, and it falls on you and our family.

The princess watched him carefully, she did not know what would be so important and if she could carry that weight on her shoulders.

-In the beginning many years ago, before, you the queen, me, or the rest of the living people on earth today were born, there existed a single kingdom, its name was the Sterline kingdom, it was a prosperous and wonderful kingdom ruled by a just and beloved king who was loved by all people, moreover this kingdom was richer than any government in the world, both in culture and territory, as well as in gold. But their king, King Sebastian thought it was selfish of him not to share his kingdom with everyone, he was so caring that he wanted all the wonders of living under such a monarchy as his. But apart from being a very supportive king, he was also very wise and was more than aware that it was practically impossible to carry out the idea he had, so he preferred instead to create small kingdoms in unpopulated places, completely habitable and beautiful kingdoms where a huge group of people would live for decades and would also enjoy the wonders of King Sebastian. But he knew he could not break into a hundred pieces, he needed these kingdoms to be ruled by their own kings, he needed these kingdoms to have a leader, someone to represent him so he selected ten different places around the world and for each place he chose ten different families on every continent to visit Sterline's kingdom, to enjoy the wonders of being part of royalty. Once there, he met each of the one hundred families. After several days of getting to know them, the wise King Sebastian came to a decision. He chose one family from each place and gave them one of the kingdoms to rule and prosper, he also made them swear that they would keep their ideals and always go the path of good no matter what. And that they would respect the laws that made the kingdoms a better place to live. The families, of course, agreed. But before granting them the deeds that made the kingdoms theirs, Sebastian told them the last condition, and that was that every 35 years exactly there would be a renewal of kings, where the youngest son or daughter would join in marriage and inherit the crown, and upon receiving the crown they were committed to conceive heirs to the throne and so on every 35 years. But in the event that the eldest son or daughter refused to marry and possess the crown, the kingdom would cease to be owned by that family and would merge with the nearest kingdom, making the kingdom that did follow the laws greater and leaving the one that disobeyed them in oblivion. Generations of generations have passed since those ten families and if any heir to the crown did not want to marry either because they did not want to or because they had not yet found the ideal partner, then they lost the kingdom. Since then some kingdoms have merged to the nearest kingdoms, disappearing due to that merger and adopting the name of the kingdom to which they were linked. Today there are only four kingdoms left, four great kingdoms, The kingdom of Rosemari, the kingdom of Surilot, the kingdom of Cilindrar and the kingdom of Empress. Your grandfather, when he was alive had told me that we had received a neighboring kingdom because of its disobedient prince who refused to marry because he had received the crown very young, at fourteen years old, when he still knew nothing of the real world, so he merged with our kingdom making ours even bigger. The same has happened with the other kingdoms, that some disobedient firstborns do not want to marry and are forced to be banished along with their family. And surrender their kingdom, subsequently, to the nearest neighboring kingdom. And that is the story, or rather our story that has been passed down from generation to generation until it reaches you and all the firstborns of the other kingdoms. It is rumored that there are seven generations of kings and queens above ours but I never knew if it is true," said King Fabius looking carefully at his daughter's reaction.