Part 39

In the meantime, the officers took Koda to a cell in the castle, where people who were about to face a real trial were held captive, where they would be sentenced to death if they did not find enough evidence to prove their innocence. Koda, inside the cell, could only sit on a solid cement bench and look up, it was all very dirty, with cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling.

-I don't deserve this, Mom, I don't deserve it, I only defended you - Koda whispered, thinking that message would get through wherever Flor was.

However, he knew that he did deserve it, that he did deserve it, because he had acted under the impulse of revenge. And revenge always ends badly.

-When will my trial be, officer?

The guard turned around to look at Koda.

-It will be tomorrow.

-Today is the princess's wedding, she can't attend a trial today," the guard replied.

-What, is she getting married, to whom? -Koda wanted to know.

-That's information that doesn't concern you, you wretch," said the guard, a second later he turned his gaze back to the hallway.

How unpredictable life could be sometimes, Koda thought to himself, one day you can be sleeping peacefully in your bed, and the next day you have a cell at home. It wasn't something he didn't expect, of course, but, he was certainly pleased, for he had made his mother's executioner pay. And if he had to give his life for having fulfilled his task, he would give it with pleasure, since his life had no meaning if Flor's murderer walked happily through life as if he had done no such thing, that was not right, and he only acted accordingly, defending the honor of his grandfather and Lucas.

Meanwhile, it was already ten o'clock in the morning, so the exciting wedding of David and Princess Vilma would take place.

Inside the castle they had a vast hall for events, where in the past, all the kings and queens had been married, and also the princes and princesses who would not inherit the crown but would also get married. The hall was beautifully decorated in shades of white, gray and pale pink. All the guests were already in their respective seats, including David's mother and brother, who, of course, still could not believe what they were experiencing at that moment. David stood at the altar, waiting for the bride to arrive, hand in hand with King Fabius. The musicians began to play a beautiful melody to start the royal wedding. The princess entered the hall arm in arm with King Fabius, the illusion was evident in all her facial expression, they were living a dream come true. Marrying David and becoming queen on the same day filled her with immense, indescribable happiness. That morning she felt that she was not only walking down the aisle to unite her life with David's in holy matrimony, but she was also walking towards personal fulfillment, towards that which made her experience that feeling of belonging.

Upon arriving at the altar, King Fabius gave his daughter to David, then the king went to sit next to Queen Elizabeth, who had come splendid from head to toe, with a dress between all turquoise and light blue and a hairstyle that enhanced all her beauty, despite being somewhat advanced in years, she was still a truly beautiful woman.

A tear escaped from the queen when she saw King Fabius give her daughter to David. How quickly time passed, she remembered, it seemed like only yesterday when she was being given to Fabius by her father, King Jehoiakim.

-You look absolutely beautiful," David complimented her as the two held hands and stood in front of the priest.

He looked at the beautiful dress that must have cost a fortune, her beautiful hairstyle, and that natural makeup that was barely noticeable. Vilma looked at her future husband, the future King David, with his beautiful black suit, his elegant red tie, his brown hair and his big, beautiful eyes. She held his hands tightly.