Part 16

The next day, Princess Vilma was called to breakfast with her family. For breakfast there were pancakes and Mapple's honey. In the center of the table was all kinds of fruit, and to the right was a basket full of cookies of every variety. Vilma took two cookies, took a sip of orange juice, and put some Mapple's honey on the pancake, but what she heard a minute later erased all traces of the appetite she had had a few moments before.

-They say, King Fabius, that today the guard, Luis Potosi, the one in charge of guarding Princess Vilma's room, did not show up for work," reported the maid.

-It's a pity, what happened to him, he has always been a very punctual guard," said King Fabio. Vilma turned pale, like paper, what if Jimmy was right, what if it was a trap, what if she had lied to the guard and sent him to the very trap prepared for them, she thought, but as she did not want them to notice that she was a bit nervous, she put all her worries out of her mind.

-Anyway, maid, we no longer need the guard Luis guarding Princess Vilma's room, she will no longer be locked up, she has behaved splendidly, and I think she deserves to go out and breathe some fresh air, my daughter, would you like to go for a carriage ride around the kingdom? -asked King Fabius.

-I would love to," said Vilma, happy that she would no longer be locked up.

-No way," said Queen Elizabeth, "you can let her out of her room, for I remind you that her punishment is three months without whims, and a carriage ride," she said, taking a sip of blueberry tea, "is a whim. So it is not.

-But, Isabel, don't you think our Vilmita deserves it, she's been wonderful. And, what's more, I'm going to make her promise not to do any more mischief. Vilma, make your mother a promise," said King Fabius.

-Mama, I promise not to do any more mischief, for the sake of my little finger," said Princess Vilma, showing her little finger, "please let me go for a ride in the carriage. I haven't gone for years," begged Princess Vilma.

-Look here, young lady, there's one of you who wants to do your own thing, woe is you. And come back in an hour, you must get ready to go with me to buy the dress for the royal ball next week, and you know how delicate you are when choosing a dress, so don't be late, you hear? -Queen Elizabeth said to her, making snake eyes.

-No, mother, I won't be long, I promise.

Breakfast was over, and the maid came to collect the dishes.

-Isabel, there is something I have to tell you. We haven't been to see the multimedia room, maybe there is a recording of Greta on the day of the park. Or recordings from the security cameras that are placed all over the kingdom that will help us find Princess Greta," said King Fabius.

-And why didn't you mention this before, Fabius? -Queen Elizabeth asked.

-I had forgotten all about it, but this morning I remembered that perhaps a surveillance camera could give us a clue," he answered.

-And what are we waiting for, let's go right away," said Queen Elizabeth.

-Okay, but we're not going yet, we'll go when the carriage ride with my beautiful daughter is over," said the king, smiling at Vilma.

Vilma took her father's hand, and the two of them went for the ride. When they were in the carriage; taking the ride, King Fabius took the opportunity to greet from the carriage the people he met in the streets of the kingdom of Empress.

-Take us to the fountain of doves, chauffeur," said the king, and he took them to see the fountain.

It was surrounded by pigeons hungry for corn kernels, and there were also some birds soaking their wings, peacefully, in the beautiful fountain under the sun. The fountain was made of white ceramic, and around it were beautiful details carved in stone, in addition to its clean crystalline water. It was perfect.