Part 23

Meanwhile, Peter, ignoring the previous events, was already planning his next robbery, this time alone, and he would go big, he would rob a rich house with a higher protection and a very high security system. He was taking too much risk, but he knew that the big shots are the ones that cost the most to get, so he didn't mind the risk plus this time he didn't have Koda or David or Peter to stop him, this time he was in control, and no one would stand in his way. Peter walked towards the house with a bag on his back and a pair of gloves, like any normal boy, he knew it was daylight, but that did not worry him at all, because he already knew the whereabouts of the family that lived in that mansion. They were in Spain on vacation. His main objective was the safe, he was not sure if there was a safe or not, but usually all rich families had one. So he approached the mansion. He climbed a tree so he could climb over the huge concrete wall and, once he landed on his feet in the garden, he ran to the nearest window of the house and broke it with a rock. He entered very carefully and walked slowly. On the walls were beautiful, really expensive paintings, but that was not his purpose, although he could perfectly well have taken one of the paintings, but that was not why he was here, that was not his purpose. He needed to find the safe. At the far end of the room was a large marble staircase that gleamed clean, and the ceiling showed a beautiful million dollar painting that decorated the huge room. The touch of white in most of the decorations made Peter's eyes sparkle at such beauty, no doubt he had never seen so much money before his eyes, in front of the tiger skin armchairs was a huge television bigger than Peter, and on the floor of the sofas was a polar bear skin rug that felt like walking on a cloud. In one of the corners rested a beautiful fireplace for the cold days and at the top, was a beautiful vase surely the most valuable object in the entire room, as its strong golden color indicated that it was pure gold in all its magnificence. Peter advanced slowly until he reached the staircase, then climbed step by step trying to make as little noise as possible, he did not want to alert any security camera that was activated with the movement or any laser beam system that the truth doubted that there were any. When he reached the second floor he found a dark hallway with about ten doors on the sides and on each of these doors there was a different painting with a gold border. He walked down the hallway until he found a door that captured his attention, as it was the only one that could not be opened, no matter how hard he tried to open it he saw that it was locked. So he resorted to his backpack, in it he found several paper clips, he took one and, after manipulating it for several minutes he inserted it into the lock causing a small "pik" to be heard throughout the hallway. Peter turned the doorknob and stealthily opened the door. When he entered, he saw absolutely nothing, the room was completely empty, there was no furniture, no shelf full of jewelry and not even a single painting, something that characterized the rest of the mansion. But for him, the fact that there was nothing only told him that there was something there, he felt it, he could smell it, so he entered it and began to feel the walls, one by one everywhere, they were quite normal walls lined with plastic paper that had small elephants, big elephants and medium elephants printed on them, in general there were elephants of all sizes and colors. When he reached the last wall he was a little discouraged as his hope was beginning to dwindle, he felt nothing, no clue that could tell him that hidden behind the wall was something valuable. But perhaps his sense of smell, his sense of smell had failed him, he thought somewhat discouraged. Then he reached the last wall and began to touch its edges, he felt its texture, he felt its irregularities that, even if they were minimal, were always noticeable, just at the beginning of the fourth wall he felt something, something that told him that behind it was the safe, he felt a small irregularity, a very small and fine crevice, he set out to tear the paper. He took out his pocketknife and ripped the wallpaper in half, behind it he found a three-foot door. And, although at first he was quite pleased. However, he was again disappointed to see that there was no knob to open the door, there was not even a lock to put a key in, he had never seen anything like that in his life, it was really strange.