Part 9

Meanwhile, Paula had already finished sweeping, cleaning, preparing breakfast and cleaning the windows until they sparkled.

-Well, girl, it seems you are right in what you were saying, that your mother taught you, you really know how to be a woman, something that I have a hard time with, you only need to arrange the living room and the kitchen and I will be able to give you the session," said Eydelme, looking at her.

-Thank you very much, Mrs. Eydelme," Paula replied.

At that moment a group of three horsemen passed by, sounding trumpets that could be heard even inside the houses:

-Today is execution day, execution day, come closer, come closer -the horsemen announced through a megaphone.

-What is execution day? -Paula asked.

-The last time there was an execution day was fifteen years ago," answered Eydelme.

-And why are they announcing it? -asked the girl.

-Because they want the people to come to see the condemned man being executed. The more people there are, the better it will be because when the condemned man goes to the gallows he will see the crowd of people who will see him die and he will feel very ashamed," answered Eydelme.

-And whose idea was that? asked the girl.

-The previous queen, she was always a very cruel and merciless woman, who liked to see the world burn," said the psychic.

-And how do you know all that? -asked the girl.

-Because I've been here for many years, many more than you," she answered.

-Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go get ready to go to the royal execution, I've always liked those executions, are you going? -asked Eydelme.

-Eh... uh, I don't know, I think that... Well, okay, I'll finish later," said Paula.

Eydelme took the breakfast the girl had prepared, which, by the way, was delicious. And she went to get ready. She had always liked executions, seeing someone being hanged made her appreciate how beautiful life was. Meanwhile, Koda was walking home, when his twin brother, Lucas, caught up with him.

-Koda, what are you going to do, where are you going? -Lucas asked. -I don't know what you're going to do, but I'm not going to see my mother die, I don't want that," said Koda, crying.

-I'm not going to betray my mother and abandon her, did you know that the most cowardly people are the ones who react indifferently to what scares them, brother? -said Lucas, who, for his part, did not plan to leave his mother alone, he would be with her until his last breath. Until her last moments in this world. Meanwhile, a security guard opened Flor's cell.

-It's time," said the guard, leading her out the back.

Flower, as she walked, thought of all she would miss. She would never have grandchildren. She would never again laugh with her children, who from now on would be marked as orphans, she would never see another sunrise, never again. And all for a small oversight, all for not refusing the help that a weak blind girl asked for, all for thinking that nothing bad could happen to a princess in a place as safe as the park of the kingdom. She was never going to forgive herself for such a degree of irresponsibility.

She climbed up some small white ceramic steps until she reached a high platform, she was only a few steps away from the gallows.

-Look at her, this is the wretched woman who was to blame for the disappearance of our princess, the queen's daughter, Princess Greta, the beautiful Princess Greta," said a guard, pointing to Flor.