Part 52

Meanwhile, Vilma went into her room and locked herself in, put a chair to lock the door and prayed to the heavens that Greta would never find her.

Meanwhile, Queen Elizabeth, in a panic, and grief, ran away, she thought she was crazy for doing what she was doing, but she was not going to allow her daughter Greta to murder her other daughter. Vilma was not going to stand idly by.

-My love, are you crazy, what are you doing, come back right now," Fabio shouted as he saw her running.

-I'm sorry, love, I love you," she said, and disappeared down the corridor.

Greta reached the door of Vilma's room and when she saw it closed, she shot at the key, which immediately gave way. She kicked the door, and from inside she heard the screams of Princess Vilma. As she was about to enter the room, her mother's voice stopped her.

-Greta, my life, you don't want to do this, please, put the gun down, you don't want to hurt your own sister, Greta, please calm down, we are your family, we love you more than anything, please, don't do it, don't do it, if you really love me don't do it," Isabel begged, ten feet away.

Greta considered it for five seconds.

-I'm sorry, Mom, but she had a perfect life, while I was raped by a disgusting degenerate for 12 long years, and now she took away the only thing I had left to keep my life from being a complete misery, so she's going to pay for it," Greta exclaimed and entered the room. -Nooo!" said her mother, running to Vilma's room.

Lady Greta entered the room, there was no Vilma inside.

-Vilma, where are you hiding? -said Greta, mocking.

Vilma was on the balcony, she was crouched down so that her sister could not see her, but she knew it was only a matter of time before she checked the balcony of the room.

Greta spotted a silhouette moving on the balcony, and a smile curved her mouth. The hunter had captured his prey. She approached, and with a kick, opened the door.

-Greta, please don't do this, you don't want to do this, I am your sister, please come to your senses, what happened to you, when did I make you feel so much hatred towards me that you got to the point of wanting to murder me, I beg you, Greta, what do you want, the throne? I give you the throne, I promise, but spare my life, I implore you -Vilma begged, in despair.

-You had your moment to give me the throne, and you wasted it, now the only thing I want is for you to stop taking air into your lungs, you wretched thief," he shouted, pointing the gun at Vilma's head. He pulled the trigger. To Greta's surprise, and to her sister's luck, the gun had run out of bullets.

-Now you're going to pay for this," Greta exclaimed angrily, lunging at her sister and grabbing her by the neck.

Vilma defended herself as best she could, she had never taken self-defense classes, but now she had to defend herself no matter what, because her sister would not stop until she killed her. Greta punched her in the face and Vilma punched her back. Greta kicked her hard in the right leg and her sister moaned in pain. Vilma threw a punch to Greta's cheek, which left her face red. She, in turn, punched her in the stomach, making Vilma gasp for air. Both sisters were too close to the edge of the balcony. And if Vilma wasn't careful she could fall.

At that, Isabel entered the room. She saw in the distance how close her daughters were to falling off the balcony, and quickly ran to help them.

-I want you to die, I hate you above all things, you're a fucking bitch," Greta shouted, and pushed Vilma over the balcony. But Vilma grabbed her sister's sky blue dress, and she came with Vilma. Causing them both to fall off the balcony.

Isabel let out a scream. She couldn't believe her daughters had fallen off a balcony five meters above the ground. That fall was certain death. She ran and peeked over the balcony, but to her surprise she found a queen Vilma holding on to the edge of the balcony with both hands.

-Mama, help me," Vilma begged.

-My love, by God, of course, I'll help you," said her mother, alarmed.

Isabel helped Vilma up the balcony, when she was safe and sound, her mother gave her a big hug and told her that she loved her above all things. Vilma, with her soul on her feet, looked out from the balcony and saw her sister in the distance, or rather, the corpse of her sister Greta had fallen on a rose bush full of thorns, and even from the balcony she could see the pool of blood in which she lay. Vilma put a hand to her mouth, she could not believe it.

-Mom," Vilma whispered in a barely audible voice.

Isabel gave her daughter a tight hug.

Suddenly, Vilma remembered that David was wounded, and she ran, she had to go check on him. He was wounded because of her, if he hadn't gotten between her and the bullet, she would possibly be dead now. When she reached the dance floor she found the paramedics taking David away.

-Is he going to be all right, doctor? -Vilma wanted to know, worried.

-We will do our best to save his life, but I can't promise anything right now.

The paramedics took David away. Vilma could not believe everything that had happened. It was simply inconceivable. And even less that it happened during the dance, she knew that Greta was wrong, that her attitude was that of a rebellious fifteen year old girl, but now she was twenty-two years old, she was not a teenager.

-Dad," said Vilma, her voice breaking, and her father, who was two meters away from her, broke the distance between them and gave her a strong protective hug.

Tears kept running down Vilma's cheeks. Fabio also had a few tears escaping, he could not understand how the dance had suddenly turned into a battlefield.

-Daughter, I'm so glad you are well, if I'm honest I thought you weren't going to get rid of Greta, I thought Greta was going to come out of that hallway, not you," said Fabio.

-Luck was on my side, she ran out of bullets and was no longer walking, but.... The story doesn't end there, she threw herself on me, with the intention of throwing me over the balcony, and she succeeded, but I came with her, I could hold on to the edge of the balcony, she didn't, said Vilma.

-Call a paramedic, urgently, my daughter needs a paramedic," Isabel exclaimed.

As soon as the paramedics arrived, they took Greta and David quickly to the hospital.

-I just hope my daughter can survive," said Isabel, crying her eyes out.

Fabio wrapped his arms around her.

-Calm down, love, everything will be all right, she is strong," said Fabio.