Part 54

A few days after the tragedy, Greta was able to return home with David. When she returned, her family was waiting for her with a wonderful welcome, no matter what she had done, she almost lost her life and the fact that she had survived was reason enough to celebrate. During the afternoon, Vilma went to see Greta who was resting in her room. Despite how weak she was, her sister had enough energy to talk.

-I'm sorry about what happened," said Greta.

-Don't worry, sister, I can't judge you, only you know the pain you went through, and we don't know anything," said Vilma.

-You were right, I am not ready to rule yet. My immaturity. The traumatic moments I spent in that multimedia room, the years I spent without going out, without living with other people and now I live the consequences. That affected me seriously. And, I assure you that the person who attacked you a few days ago, is not the same person who is talking to you today. Please forgive me for the damage I did to you, you don't deserve it. You only wanted to do him good and all I did was try to kill you," Greta said.

-No, you are not to blame for anything. It's German's fault, he was the wretch who kidnapped and raped you, you're just a victim of circumstances. But you know something, today to hear you recognize that you were wrong, makes me see that you are very mature, and that you can wear the queen's crown. So, as soon as you recover, I will give you the crown. I promise you. It is what you have always wanted, and what is rightfully yours. And I know that little by little, you will learn to rule. I used it too little time, I didn't have enough time to learn how to be a true queen. But you will, and eventually you will get a husband, I saw how you looked at Smuel during the ball. Anyway, I just want you to know that I forgive you for what you did days ago, and that, well, now let's turn the page. You learned. I learned. We all learned. We all changed. Having a near-death experience changes us. It transforms us. It makes us better people, more grateful, wiser, more knowledgeable. You are ready to take the crown and I want you to know that as soon as you recover I will be happy to give it to you," said Vilma with a smile.

-Are you serious? Ah, I'm so happy, you don't know how much. It's what I always wanted. I promise I'll try to be the fairest queen of them all.

-What do you think if we remember old times? Can we play something? -Vilma wanted to know.

-Yes, of course," she answered.

Vilma ordered one of the many sisters to decorate Greta's room, then the two sisters played enchanted castle. They remembered those times when they were little girls and loved being together. It didn't have to be any different now. They were still sisters and even though things had changed, the love they felt for each other was the same.