Part 45

The next day, Vilma woke up calm, peaceful, calm, letting the wisdom that her father had spoken to her about the night before, flood her being, and make her navigate the waters of prudence.

-Good morning," said Vilma.

-Good morning, my queen, I see you slept very well," replied David, as he rubbed his eyes to remove a few small eye-lashes that were bothering him.

-Yes, and I won't allow anyone or anyone else to make me lose my mind," said Vilma, while smiling at her husband.

-Vilma, I didn't mention it yesterday because when I got to the room you were already asleep, but I think we should talk, what happened yesterday, what will happen next, I know I have no experience, but I'm not stupid. And I will easily assimilate that the king's chair will no longer be occupied by me," he said.

-David, I, I do not need you to understand, nor do I ask you to do so, I simply tell you that, as the queen I am now, I seek that my decisions are the wisest for the kingdom. I, being the queen, am the only one who has the power to cede the crown to my sister. I ask you, therefore, to mention the subject no more, for I, as the sovereign, will wait for light to be my guide and justice my quiet one.

-They are very wise words, my love, and you know that you can count on me, whatever you decide, you know that I will always support you," her husband encouraged her, while he gave her a reassuring hug.

After breakfast, Vilma asked her sister to accompany her for a walk in the garden. To which she reluctantly agreed.

Meanwhile, King David and Queen Elizabeth were talking in the royal library.

-I know Vilma will do the right thing," said David.

-Yes, I know, she has always been known for being very fair in everything she does, Fabio, but, in these cases, what would you, as a former sovereign, say is the right thing to do?

-Well, the right thing to do is for her to cede the throne to our daughter Greta, by age she is entitled to it, however, yesterday at the royal dinner I did not like Greta's behavior, she seemed desperate and impatient, a true queen never acts that way," exclaimed Fabio, while looking at the clouds through the window.

-You're right about that, Fabio, but, I tell you what, I think it's more than justified, after going through what she went through, anyone would behave that way. I only ask you to put yourself in her shoes, when she was a child, and they were already in their beds ready to sleep, I read them stories, and there were many nights in which Greta expressed her enthusiasm for being the future queen of the kingdom of Empress. Now imagine the terrible disappointment she must have suffered when she realized that her younger sister was the one occupying the position she had so longed for," Isabel replied.

-Yes, it is understandable the way she behaved, but that is not the important thing here, what matters now is to wait for the decision that our daughter will make. And you know something, I trust her, we educated her very well and there is nothing to fear, she knows very well what she is doing.

-And hope that all this situation that fills us with uncertainty is resolved soon, I don't want this to create gaps in the family, I want that, now that life gives us the opportunity to be united as a family, we know how to make the most of it, and that we don't spend this time in quarrels and arguments, that's the only thing I want - Isabel declared.

-It is a very beautiful wish, Queen Isabel, and your way of being, that is what made me fall in love with you from the beginning," he said looking at her tenderly.

-And your compliments, that was my weakness," smiled the former queen.

Fabio's look became languid and this overshadowed Isabel's smile.