Chapter 6

"Alright troops, pile in!" shouted Mr Maddison, ushering the students in to the coach that was parked up outside of the hotel.

As Sophie, Sam, and Katy walked on to the bus they quickly fell in to a set of seats that were together, Katy sliding in to one beside Chesney who shot her a cheeky grin as Sophie and Sam took the two chairs in front of them.

Sophie turned in her seat, giving everyone a serious look. Mark was in a seat behind Chesney with a girl she'd never seen before. "Guys, listen up."

Everyone stopped talking amongst themselves and looked up at Sophie who was switching her gaze between the lot of them.

"This is a serious day, we need to all make sure we're focused and ready to go. Has everyone eaten properly? You need to make sure you're fuelled up and full of energy. Today's activity isn't to be taken lightly and we need a plan of action."

The group chuckled as Sophie continued her rant, the seriousness in her voice whilst discussing an activity that was meant to be fun amused them all considerably.

"Webster, this isn't a military operation." sniggered Chesney, shaking his head as Sophie's eyes widened slightly.

"I don't think you understand how important this is. If we don't go in there with a plan or a strategy then we're like sitting ducks." stated Sophie sternly, her eyes flickering between the four people in front of her.

Sam shoved Sophie in the arm playfully, "It's paintballing Soph, chill out. And it's not just gonna be us on our team anyway so we can't exactly control everyone."

"Yeah but at least we'll be okay. As long as the five of us stick together, we're an unstoppable force and we'll kick some serious butt." Sophie slammed her fist into her other hand as she spoke causing Katy to jump slightly.

"Jesus Sophie calm down." muttered Katy, shifting her eyes from the brunette uncomfortably.

Sophie glared at her friend, half light-heartedly, half serious, "Don't make me shoot you Armstrong."

The rest of the journey to the paintballing ground was filled with animated and idle chatter as Sophie tried to put together a strategy plan and the rest of the group openly mocked her for taking the activity too seriously.

Sophie's excitement reached its peak as the bus came to a halt and she set eyes upon the fields they'd be playing on.

The students all piled out of the coach and followed the teachers towards a building where a tall, dark-haired, well-built man was waiting for them.

As they approached he smiled broadly at everyone, shaking Mr Maddison's hand briefly before turning his attention to the students.

"Right then ladies and gents. Welcome to Paintball Matrix Mallorca! I'm Jeff and I'll be supervising you all today." he started, beaming from ear the ear and rubbing his hands together enthusiastically. "Today you're going to be taking part in a team event of paintballing which I hope you'll all enjoy. We have two separate fields here that are used for paintballing and so because you're such a large group you'll be split in to four teams. Two teams competing on one field and two teams competing on another. I believe Graham here ... sorry Mr Maddison, has something to say about that."

Mr Maddison gave Jeff a grateful smile before raising a clipboard to his face and addressing the students, "Okay folks, as Jeff said you're to be split in to four teams. Obviously we want you all to work together and get along so you can pick a few people you want to be in a team with and then we'll organise you all together."

A few moments passed as people started to gather themselves in to small groups of three or four, all chatting amongst themselves as the four teachers started trying to put a team together each.