Chapter 33

Sophie wasn't sure what she was going to do or say next but her head was screaming at her to make it something good. The day had been a whirlwind, in fact, since things began with Sian her whole life had become a whirlwind and she'd learnt to expect the unexpected. The day had started off like any other but then a hangover, a recovery, a steamy sex session and a lot of yelling later here she was outside of Sian Powers' door unsure of what to do next.

She'd spent the last few hours downstairs with Sam and Katy, trying her best to explain herself to her friends. Still feeling a little fragile, an alcoholic beverage and a lot of intense questioning was not something she felt up to but she went along with it none the less, knowing her friends had every right to demand answers. Over the years she'd been to hell and back and Sam and Katy were the only people who had been there for her through it all. They'd seen her at her best and they'd sure as hell seen her at her worst, having to pick her up off the ground and dust her off whenever she hit rock bottom. It wasn't just Sian that made life difficult for her as she'd had to learn to accept herself on top of everything, but with people constantly making fun of her and Sian acting as the ring leader, things could get a little intense for Sophie and there'd been a few times when she'd seriously lost the plot.

Sian had a lot to answer for and Sophie didn't know where to begin with the conversation they had to have. Sian's little speech in the room earlier had been like a slap to the face for Sophie and she hadn't been expecting a single word of it. In all honesty, Sian's reasons for being so horrible to her in the past actually angered her more and the fact she saw struggling with feelings for a girl as a reason to pick on Sophie made her seriously re-evaluate her opinion of the blonde.

After around fifteen minutes stood outside of Sian's door, Sophie finally took a deep breath and knocked, waiting patiently for a reply that didn't take long as a few seconds later Sian appeared in the doorway.

"Hey." greeted Sian quietly.

"Do you ever go anywhere on this trip?" asked Sophie, trying to start the conversation normally, "You're always in when I knock."

Sian shrugged and managed a smile, "Are you complaining?"

Sophie shook her head before gesturing behind the blonde, "Mind if I come in?"

"Not at all." said Sian, stepping to one side and allowing Sophie to enter the room before shutting the door behind them and following her inside. "Didn't expect to see you today."

"Did you mean everything you said?" asked Sophie bluntly, her eyes locked intensely with Sian's as they spoke, "Was it all true or were you just saying it to make yourself look better?"

"Is that honestly what you think?" asked Sian with a frown.

Sophie sighed, "I dunno what to think anymore Sian ... so much has changed and now ... god, my head is fucked."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to fuck with your he-"

"Just stop apologising and tell me the truth." interrupted Sophie, her words sounding more impatient than she'd meant them.

Sian sat down on the edge of the bed, looking at Sophie seriously, "I already did."

"So what? You made fun of me because you fancied me and couldn't deal with it?" asked Sophie.

Sian shrugged and gave Sophie a sheepish look, "Not entirely."

"Have you any idea how fucked up that is?" questioned Sophie sounding more irritated by the second, "You mocked me for being gay when you were being pretty damn gay yourself."

"'I'm not gay." muttered Sian, looking down at her lap.

Sophie shook her head in despair, "I didn't say you were."