Chapter 44

Sian hurried out of the toilets, instantly spotting her target and quickening her pace. The fact Sam, Katy and Kerry were all watching her knowingly didn't go unnoticed by the blonde but as she was too busy trying to catch up with someone, she didn't have time to stop and give them an explanation.

No one at the table required an explanation as they had watched the person enter the bathroom just moments ago, knowing only too well what was about to unfold but powerless to stop it. Instead, they merely watched in horror as the person entered and then in equal horror as they exited quickly followed by Sian.

"Will you wait up!" pleaded Sian, finally catching up as they approached the exit of the bar and gripping them by the wrist, "T just stop will you."

Tina spun around, a baffled and disgusted expression on her face, "Was that what I think it was in there?"

Looking down at the ground, Sian could feel three sets of eyes on her from the table and couldn't help but feel increasingly ill at the situation she'd found herself in. She didn't want to deny anything that was happening between her and Sophie. If she was honest with herself, it had been the best few weeks of her life and she wanted nothing more than to rewind time and stop things before Tina had walked in. She knew that no matter what she did under the circumstances, there was no good outcome. Either she lost everything she had worked so hard for and her friendship with Tina or she risked losing Sophie. If she denied it Sophie wouldn't leave her would she? Surely Sophie would understand.

"Depends what you think it was."

Tina switched her gaze from her friend to the bathroom door as she watched Sophie come out of it, giving both girls an unreadable expression as she walked closer.

"Are you fucking her?" asked Tina, folding her arms across her chest as she watched Sian carefully.

Pursing her lips, Sian considered her options before finally lifting her gaze to meet her friend's, "No."

Despite being a few feet away, Sophie heard Sian's response and she felt her heart drop, the situation instantly worsening ten fold. She couldn't even bring herself to look at the two girls and glanced briefly in the direction of her friends, seeing them switching their gaze between Tina and Sian then back to Sophie.

"So ... what?" asked Tina disbelievingly, "Cause last I checked you don't wrap your legs around the college lesbian for no good reason."

Sian's eyes widened and she slapped Tina across the arm, "Will you keep your fucking voice down!"

"Well it's no wonder you're ashamed." shot Tina, giving Sophie a brief glare before looking back at the blonde, "So what's going on then?"

The buzz of chatter in the bar was still going on however most people were watching discreetly from their seats, not entirely sure what was occurring but wanting to know exactly what it was. Sophie remained glued to the spot, unsure what would be the best thing to do given the circumstances. She wanted to go over and interject, say something that would make things better but she knew Sian would hate her for it and in all honesty, she didn't see what she could do or say to improve the situation.

"Did she just throw herself at you?" asked Tina, giving Sophie another death glare.

Sian shook her head slowly, "It was just ... yano ... nothing."

Another pang of hurt hit Sophie hard and Katy rose to her feet, moving over to stand beside her friend and resting her hand on the brunette's shoulder.

"Soph you shouldn't listen to this." muttered Katy, not wanting Sophie to hear anything else that would hurt her.

Shaking her head, Sophie remained where she was, "I wanna hear her deny it."