Chapter 32

Sian slowly wandered back into the room, chewing on her lower lip as she tried to put together the right thing to tell Sophie. How was she going to inform the girl in her bed that her best friends had burst into the room, set eyes on the two of them together and had thus hit the roof before storming back out.

"Sian?"

As she heard Sophie calling her name, Sian tightly closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying her best to compose herself for the inevitable conversation.

"Yeah I'm here." muttered Sian, walking further into the room so she was stood at the bottom of the bed.

Sophie couldn't help but notice the uncomfortable, shocked and scared look on Sian's face and she instantly felt her stomach drop, "What's wrong?"

Sian ran her tongue over her lips, folding her arms across her chest as she looked down at the bed and tried to think of the right opener, "We just had some visitors."

Sophie's heart sank, "What?"

"We err ... Sam and Katy were here." muttered Sian causing Sophie to sit bolt up right in the bed.

"What do you mean they were here?" shouted Sophie, completely confused by what was happening and terrified of what Sian's response was about to be.

Sian swallowed hard as she prepared herself to explain, "They erm ... they knocked on the door demanding to come in and when I said no, they pushed me aside and barged their way in ... they saw you in bed asleep, mumbled something and then stormed out."

Sophie shook her head, rubbing at her temples as she tried to stop herself from freaking out, "No no no no no no no no no .... this can not be happening."

Sian sat down on the bed, resting her hand on Sophie's leg and squeezing it reassuringly, "Babe it might not be that bad, Kerry was okay with me."

Sophie shook her head, "No, you don't understand ... they hate you. Like really fucking hate you."

"Gee thanks." muttered Sian.

Sophie jumped up out of the bed, scrambling for her clothes and pulling them on, "Sian just cause I can let it go ... it doesn't mean other people can. I might not have showed it but you have no idea what you fucking put me through in school."

"I know I was horrible to you and I know I upset you bu-"

"No Sian you don't get it." interrupted Sophie, pulling her shirt on and looking at the blonde seriously, "Sam and Katy are the only two people I ever let see how much you hurt me. You made my life a fucking misery ... no one has ever treated me as badly as you did and you honestly made me wish I wasn't alive sometimes, that's how shit you made me feel."

Sian bowed her head, not wanting to hear the words that were leaving Sophie's lips but knowing it was nothing short of what she deserved. "I'm sorry."

"There's no sense apologising now." stated Sophie, "It's done ... and I got over it and I think I'm probably a stronger person for it. But ... you have no idea how betrayed they're gonna feel when they were the only people that stood by me in school while you made me feel like my life wasn't worth living. And now? Now we all come on a trip and I start blowing them off to have this secret affair with you."

"I dunno what to say." muttered Sian, looking down at her lap as she sat on the edge of the bed uncomfortably.

Sophie let out a sigh, kneeling down in front of the blonde, resting her hands on Sian's thighs and ducking her head to meet her gaze, "Look ... we'll sort this out between us later okay? But right now I've gotta go talk to my friends."