Chapter 35

Sophie pulled her blazer on over the top of her white t shirt and frowned at herself in the mirror, stepping out of the bathroom and gesturing to her body, "Is the jacket too much?"

Katy laughed, "Soph it's like thirty degrees outside, I don't think you need it."

"Yeah I know I don't need one but I wanna look nice." stated Sophie, brushing down her blazer as her frown grew in size, "So is it too much?"

Sam shook her head, "No, you look nice."

"Really?" asked Sophie sceptically, a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips, "God this is stupid."

Katy chuckled, "Stupid? It's fucking weird is what it is ... you're about to take Sian Powers out for dinner. I honestly can't get my head around it."

"Yeah this is fucking crazy Webster." muttered Sam, obviously the most unhappy about the situation. She'd tried her best to be supportive for her friend but couldn't help believing that Sophie had well and truly lost her mind. Everything had changed so much and it was clear Sophie could see something in Sian that neither of her friends could.

"Where are you taking her?" asked Katy.

"Some restaurant on the other side of the town ... figured we wouldn't be near anyone we knew there." stated Sophie, stepping back into the bathroom and rechecking her appearance.

"She still wants to sneak around even though we all know?" asked Katy with a frown.

Sophie popped her head out of the bathroom and shook it, "No, we want to sneak around ... I'm not ready for anyone else to find out."

"Why? Everyone already knows you're gay." stated Sam as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yeah but ... everyone also knows that me and Sian hate each other and that Sian's straight." explained Sophie, stepping out of the bathroom, "I really don't plan on being in the middle of the biggest scandal the college has ever had and I also don't fancy the snide comments and bitchy remarks I'm gonna get from certain people."

"Not to sound harsh Webster but ... you've had to put up with snide comments and bitchy remarks your whole life mate," reminded Sam, "What's different now?"

Sophie shrugged, "I'm different now ... and I'm happy with the way things are, I don't want it to change."

"Whatever Soph, it's your life and your decision just ... be careful okay?" warned Katy, "I can't see this ending well myself."

"I guess there's only one way to find out." stated Sophie, grabbing her wallet from the table and shoving it into her pocket before patting herself down to check she had everything, "Keys, money, phone ... think I'm sorted."

Katy laughed, "Awww you're a little cutie when you have a date aren't you Webster?"

"You haven't got her any flowers or anything Sophie, bad move." teased Sam.

Sophie's face instantly fell, "Should I have?"

Both girls burst out laughing, Sam getting up from her seat and pushing Sophie towards the door, "Don't be ridiculous, she's lucky she's getting this much from you."

Sophie turned on her way out, flashing her friends a quick wink, "Don't wait up."

The girls had agreed to meet just down the road from the hotel, not wanting to draw attention to themselves as they left together but not wanting to arrive separately. The end of the street seemed like an acceptable compromise and as Sophie started her walk through the hotel, down the elevator and through the foyer she could feel her heart beginning to pound and her stomach beginning to flip at the thought of what was about to happen.