Chapter 13

Sian paced back and forth in the moonlight, cursing herself internally for being so weak and afraid. It had been half an hour since Kerry had left her to go and sleep in one of the boy's tent making it around twenty eight minutes since she'd freaked out at being alone and around twenty minutes since she'd left her tent and arrived outside of Sophie's. However, since her arrival at the brunette's tent she'd been lost for things to say and had lacked the courage to actually enter the tent and instead had opted for walking around in circles outside of it, probably looking like a crazy person.

"Fucking hell Powers, pull yourself together." muttered Sian as she started a new lap of the area she'd been circling, "You're better than this, just go back to your tent there's nothing to be scared of."

The sound of someone or something shouting in the distance startled the blonde, causing her to jump back and trip on one of the guy ropes of Sophie's tent. Before she knew what was happening the rope was ripped out of the peg holding it to the ground and she was on her bum in the dirt.

The sound of Sophie's tent being unzipped caused Sian's heart to start pounding louder and faster than usual but frozen to the spot from both shock and fear she couldn't do anything but sit on the ground trapped in a tangle of rope.

"What the fu-" Sophie;s head popped out of the tent and was cut off as she set eyes on Sian, "Jesus blondie if you wanted to rip my tent down you could have at least waited till I was asleep."

"I'm sorry … I … tripped." mumbled Sian, feeling the colour starting to rise in her cheeks.

Sophie raised an eyebrow, "The real question is why were you outside of my tent in the first place in order to 'trip'?"

"I … well it sounds stupid now …" trailed off Sian, reluctant to admit why she was outside of Sophie's tent in the middle of the night.

Sophie sighed, unzipping her tent fully and pulling on her trainers before stepping out in to the cool night air. "Well … I'm out now so wanna go for a walk?"

Sian frowned, "It's the middle of the night."

"Well I'm going for a walk." Sophie pulled on a hoodie, zipping it up and raising her eyebrows at Sian, "You can either stay here on your arse or join me, your choice."

Sian paused, looking down at the ground while she considered Sophie's proposition before nodding and holding out her hand, "Gimme a hand then."

Sophie laughed, taking Sian's hand and pulling her up from the ground, "You can tell me about what you were doing outside of my tent while we walk."

Sian rolled her eyes, "You can't laugh at me okay?"

"I'm not promising but I'll try." stated Sophie, grinning as her and Sian started to walk away from the campsite.

"I was … well Kerry left me alone in the tent so-"

"Why did she leave you?" interrupted Sophie.

Sian sighed, "To get laid … anyway …. I was alone in the tent and I could hear all these weird noises and it was a bit scary so … I just didn't wanna be by myself."

"You came and trashed my tent cause you were scared?" asked Sophie smirking as she started walking in the direction of a more wooded area.

"That was an accident, I heard a wolf or something and I jumped and tripped."

Sophie started to laugh, "A wolf? Really? Jesus you were right, you really are nothing like the person everyone thinks you are."

"So I get scared of being alone in a strange dark place, is that so abnormal?" asked Sian, sulking slightly due to Sophie laughing at her expense.