Chapter 9

"What's on the agenda today?" asked Katy as she plonked herself down in front of Sophie, reaching over to the brunette's plate and grabbing a slice of toast.

Sophie's eyes remained glued to the newspaper in front of her, having managed to find a newsagents that sold English papers she was delighted to be able to get back into her morning routine - tea, toast, read the paper and then a cigarette.

"A load of shit no one's interested in." mumbled Sophie.

Katy frowned as Sophie bit in to a slice of toast, her eyes remaining focused on the paper, "Why are you wearing your glasses."

Sophie looked up and cocked an eyebrows, "To read?"

Sam laughed from her seat beside Sophie, "What she means is, why are you wearing them in public? I thought you said you looked like a dork in them."

"Still true." shrugged Sophie, "But this is how I like to start the day."

Sophie was about to go back to her newspaper when she noticed three girls enter the restaurant and felt her lips start to turn up in to a grin as she set eyes on the blonde in the middle. It was the day after their run in inside of the elevator and they hadn't spoke about it since but whenever they passed each other in the hotel they would exchange a knowing smirk before going on with their day.

Sian bit down on her lower lip, smiling back at Sophie in a manner the brunette could only describe as incredibly sexy before turning back to Kerry and Tina and engaging in conversation.

"What was that?" demanded Katy.

Sophie glanced back at both girls at the table who were staring at her slightly wide-eyed, "What?"

"The look you and Powers just gave each other!" shouted Sam, nudging Sophie in the arm and frowning.

Sophie blinked a few times, "What are you on about? I was looking at that hot waitress over there."

Sam and Katy looked up, noticing there was indeed a rather attractive waitress tending to the table Sian had just passed.

"Oh ... right. Was gonna say ... that'd be weird." mumbled Katy, biting in to her stolen slice of toast.

Sophie inwardly smirked, thanking God for her excellent peripheral vision before pushing her glasses up her nose and looking back down to her newspaper.

"So what is on the cards for today since I haven't got a real answer?" asked Katy, sitting back in her chair and glancing around the room.

"I told you," muttered Sophie, taking another bite of her toast and then continuing to talk regardless of her mouth being full, "A load of shit no one cares about."

Katy rolled her eyes, "Such as?"

Sophie's eyes shot up from the newspaper, "You do have your own itinerary you know?"

"Stop winding the girl up." laughed Sam, "I think it's like ... bridge building, treasure hunt ... team building crap."

"There's also archery out the back." mumbled Sophie through her toast.

"Thrilling ..." sighed Katy dryly.

Sophie shrugged, "I was thinking of maybe going out the back later ... kill some time. Might even be fun."

Sam nudged the brunette, "Gonna picture Powers' face on the target?"

Sophie laughed and shook her head, folding up her newspaper as she finished off the last of her toast, "Might just do that mate ... Anyway ladies, I'm off to get dressed properly, I shall see you later."