Chapter 51

3 months later ...

"Well that's just not true at all..." muttered Sam, scowling at the pair of girls in front of her who were creased over in laughter.

Sophie managed to stop laughing for a second, clutching on to her side as she tried to level out her breathing, "I'm sorry mate but you did the whole flirting thing. Batting your eyelashes, playing with your hair, giving him the 'gooey eyes'. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were trying it on with him."

"I was not flirting with my professor!" protested Sam, her irritation only serving to amuse the other girls further.

"Okay fine." started Sian, smirking at the red head and flashing her a fake wink, "You 'weren't' flirting with him."

Rising to her feet from the desk chair she'd been occupying, Sam turned to the pair of girls on the bed and gave them a final scowl, "Well if this is how it's gonna be ... I'm leaving."

"Alright alright!" conceded Sophie, holding her hands up defensively, "No need to lecture us ... your boyfriend must be rubbing off on you."

Bursting into another fit of giggles, Sian collapsed on to Sophie as they both began to laugh at Sam's expense.

With a roll of her eyes, Sam folded her arms and gave both girls an unimpressed look, "Are you done?"

"Are you hoping he'll show you what it's like being in a teaching position?" asked Sian, barely managing to get the words out in between her laughter.

"Does he grade you on your flirting abilities or is that just for fun?" continued Sophie, both girls highly amused by the look on Sam's face.

Sian seemed to compose herself for a second, sitting up from where she had been resting on Sophie to look at the red head, "It's a shame you're not studying science really ..."

"Don't say it." cut in Sam, pinching the bridge of her nose as Sian tried her best to stifle a laugh.

Tightening her lips in a bid to stop herself from breaking into a grin, Sian gave Sam her most serious look, "Because there seems to be a lot of chemistry between the pair of you."

Erupting in to laughter, Sian was unable to contain herself any longer and collapsed back on the bed as Sophie joined in with a chuckle.

"Babe that was so corny it's unbelievable." laughed Sophie before turning to face Sam, "But seriously mate, you should study maths because the two of you really seem to add up."

Snorting out a laugh, Sam couldn't keep a straight face any longer, "You two are ridiculous ... that's some of the weakest material I've ever heard."

"Well give us a few days and we'll write some stuff down." stated Sophie, finally managing to stop her laughter.

Sian snapped her fingers together and pointed at Sophie, "There's definitely a Van Halen joke in there somewhere."

"Definitely." agreed Sophie, turning to face Sam and grinning, "Are you really leaving?"

Nodding, Sam picked up her keys from the desk and shoved them in to her pocket, "Yeah I should get back to my room. I have an essay due for next week and I haven't even started it."

"Yeah you don't want John getting on your back for it." started Sophie before shrugging and giving Sian a nudge, "Although she probably does."

"Right that's it!" snapped Sam, pointing at the of girls on the bed, "You two are a pair of fuckers ... this friendship is over."

Waving at Sam as she headed towards the door, Sophie laughed, "Yeah see you tomorrow Sammy! Remember we're meeting Katy at the bar!"

It had been approximately two and a half months since the girls had moved away to university. Sophie, Sian and Sam had all gotten a room each in student accommodation and seemed to be inseparable on evenings regardless of how much work they had to do. Katy had acquired an apprenticeship in the city and would journey over to the university campus on regular occasions just to hang out with her friends and have a few drinks. It had become almost customary that the four of them and Kerry would meet at the student union every Friday night and discuss the past weeks events and any plans they had for the weekend.