Chapter 10

"This is the life." sighed Sophie, raising her arms and folding them above her head as she closed her eyes.

It was the day after her last run in with Sian and Sophie had decided a much needed afternoon of relaxation was in order and so was now sprawled out on a towel that was laid across the golden sand of the beach, catching some rays with Katy and Sam.

"I could happily stay here for the rest of my life." muttered Katy, her hands lay out straight beside her as she too lay back and enjoyed the heat of the sun.

"Glad you could join us today Webster." stated Sam, tilting her head slightly to face the brunette on her right and grinning.

Sophie raised her hand, shielding her eyes from the sun so she could see the red-head. Despite having her sunglasses on, the sun was so bright and so high in the sky it was still impossible to see things that were right in front of your face.

"I'm glad too ... had a shit day yesterday." said Sophie, lowering her hand and placing it back behind her head before closing her eyes again.

A good half an hour passed by and no one spoke, all three girls enjoying the heat and the peacefulness that accompanied sun bathing.

Eventually however, the heat got too much for Sophie and she sat up on her towel, scanning the beach quickly and noticing a small hut that was set up not too far away from their position.

"I need fluids or I'm gonna pass out." stated Sophie, standing up and brushing her hand over her black bikini bottoms to make sure there was no sand on her. "Does anyone want anything?"

Both girls mumbled for water, neither bothering to open their eyes or raise their heads so Sophie merely rolled her eyes and headed off towards the hut for a few refreshments.

The brunette had just received the three bottles of water, eagerly opening one and taking several large gulps before letting out a satisfied 'ahh' when a voice startled her slightly.

"The ground didn't swallow you up then."

Sophie turned and her mouth fell slightly open before transforming in to a shy smile as she set eyes on the attractive blonde from the club a few nights ago.

"Hey …. I'm really sorry. I was just ... with someone who was a bit upset." explained Sophie. "I feel like a prize arsehole for just taking off."

Rose nodded, accepting Sophie's explanation, "I guess there's time for you to make it up to me."

"Bottle of water?" Sophie held the bottle out, smirking.

Rose laughed, "You know how to spoil a girl don't you."

"I try." chuckled Sophie, turning back to the hut and scanning the numerous items on offer before looking back at Rose, "How about a real drink and a walk on the beach?"

Rose pondered Sophie's offer for a while before breaking in to a smile, "You're not gonna disappear on me this time are you?"

"I'll try my best not to." chuckled Sophie, "What can I get you to drink?"

"Surprise me." Rose flashed Sophie a quick wink as the brunette laughed before turning back to the bar and ordering them both a drink.

The girls had been walking along the beach together for almost an hour and they had both enjoyed one another's company more than expected. Rose had been a touch hesitant to spend time with Sophie, unsure whether the brunette was a little flaky for her liking but so far things seemed to be going well. They'd walked back along in the direction of Sam and Katy, Sophie pausing to give them the bottles of water she'd purchased and explaining she was going for a walk with Rose. Sam and Katy both gave their friend a wink and a knowing smirk as Sophie introduced Rose, both girls recognising the blonde from the club a few nights ago before the brunette hurried Rose away for fear her friends would tease or embarrass her.