Chapter 24

Sian stirred in the bed, feeling herself waking up and instantly wishing she wasn't as the light streaming through the balcony doors only aggravated her pounding headache more than it already was. The taste of stale alcohol in her mouth and the churning in her stomach made her sure she was going to live to regret the amount of drinks she'd allowed to enter her system last night. Her eyes slowly fluttered open, a groan leaving her lips as soon as she did so as the light seemed to burn her retinas and make her head feel like it was about to combust. If there was a hell, Sian was pretty sure she was in it.

Flopping onto her side Sian stretched her arm across the bed and a frown instantly formed on her face as she felt nothing but a cold, empty spot beside her. She sat up quickly in the bed and regretting her actions straight away, clutching her hand to her forehead and tightly shutting her eyes as a blinding pain shot through her skull.

"Why the fuck am I allowed to drink." grumbled Sian, daring to attempt opening her eyes again and looking around the room, "Soph?"

There was no response and Sian was about to risk taking a shot at getting up out of bed when the door to her hotel room opened.

Sophie stepped in, a broad grin on her face as she carried what appeared to be far too many thing for two people in her hands: a cup holder of coffee in her left hand, a cup holder of what looked like orange juice in the other and a brown bag held between her teeth.

"Herrr mhhm ummpp." mumbled Sophie, attempting to speak through the bag as she kicked the door shut behind her.

Sian giggled at Sophie's attempt to communicate, "Sorry what was that?"

Sophie placed both cup holders down on the bedside table, shuffling onto the bed and placing the bag down, "I said hey you're up ... you were dead to the world so I thought I'd be back before you woke up."

"Trust me I wish I wasn't awake." grumbled Sian, instantly feeling her stomach churn as the smell of whatever Sophie had brought in the bag hit her nostrils. "Eurgh, food."

Sophie chuckled at Sian's dramatic behaviour, "Stop being such a drama queen, food'll help babe I promise."

Sian threw herself back down on the pillow and let out another growl, "I don't want to."

"Sian Powers get your little monkey butt up and eat this food right now." said Sophie sternly, reaching across to the bedside table and picking up a cup of juice for the blonde.

Sian slowly sat up, a sheepish look on her face as she pouted at Sophie, "Why are you punishing me?"

"Jesus you're pathetic when you're hungover." laughed Sophie, holding out the juice to Sian, "Get that down your neck."

Realisation of something seemed to dawn on Sian as she took a sip of her drink and then looked down at herself, frowning and then lifting her gaze back up to Sophie, "Why am I dressed?"

"What do you mean why are you dressed? You got dressed obviously." answered Sophie, not sure why Sian was so confused.

"But ..." Sian though back on the night before, her frown growing by the second, "When I fell asleep I only had my underwear on and now ... I have a vest and shorts on."

Sophie nodded, "Yeah you woke up about five in the morning and put them on, said you were cold."

"I did?" asked Sian disbelievingly.

Sophie laughed, "Yeah, I think you were still asleep though, you were talking some right shit."

"Oh god what did I say?" moaned Sian, feeling herself beginning to blush.