Chapter 39

"Glad rags at the ready ladies?" asked Sam, stepping in from the balcony and surveying the hotel room.

Sophie popped her head round the door frame to the bathroom and pulled a face, "Mate, no amount of make up is disguising these racoon eyes."

Katy laughed, "Webster, you are not sitting at that dinner table in your sunglasses, I don't care how bad they look."

"I'm not gonna wear my sunglasses, I just wanted to look semi-presentable." grumbled Sophie, taking another look in the mirror and frowning at her appearance, "The worst part is they've passed the black stage and they've got a kind of greeny tinge now."

"Wear a green dress and then it'll just look like eye shadow." chuckled Sam.

"Yeah brilliant suggestion Sam, I'll get right on that." muttered Sophie dryly. She added a few more strokes of eyeliner to her eyes, giving herself another disgusted look in the mirror before stepping into the bedroom. "Okay so black eyes aside, how do I look?"

"Gorgeous." stated Katy, giving Sophie a genuine smile, "Honestly Soph, your eyes aren't even that bad."

Sam looked up from the bag she was packing with money and make up and nodded, "Looking good Webby, you might just turn me yet."

Sophie laughed, "Thanks ... Not so bad yourself."

"So what's the deal with you and Powers tonight then?" asked Katy, looking over at Sophie as she took a seat on the edge of her bed.

Pulling on a pair of heels, Sophie shrugged, "Dunno ... I mean I would have liked to be sat with her but considering everyone's gonna be there, I can't see that happening."

"I'm sure it's doable," started Katy, thinking about it for a minute, "I mean if we all took our seats and she kind of sat opposite and we all looked pissed about it I don't think anyone would bat an eyelid."

Sophie nodded, "Yeah and that would be all well and good considering we all know about me and Sian but ... there's Tina and she's just gonna make it torturous."

"Oh yeah ... forgot about that bitch." butted in Sam, her face quickly contorting into a scowl at the thought of her, "Well fuck her Webster, we'll just avoid them and you and Sian can sneak off for a quickie later in the night."

Laughing, Sophie rose to her feet and shook her head, "Lovely, that sounds like a right good time ... So ... everyone ready to go?"

Both girls nodded, picking up their bags and heading towards the door, all three chatting amicably as they left the room and began the walk to the lift.

It was Thursday and precisely two days before everyone was due to fly back to Manchester. The college had organised a group meal for everyone as a way to celebrate the end of the trip and everyone seemed unexpectedly excited about it, having believed a few weeks ago it would be the most boring ordeal of their lives. Everyone had decided they had to dress to impress and all the girls had made quite an effort to wear only their best clothes in a bid to look at their very finest. Even the boys on the trip had opted for suits, despite the hot weather it seemed only the right thing to do.

Reaching the end of the corridor, Sam and Katy both turned back to Sophie, giving her a broad grin and nodding towards the elevator, Sophie quickly looking in the direction they'd gestured and her face lighting up as she set eyes on Sian stood with Kerry and Tina.

Sophie smiled so wide, she was sure her face would crack. In her opinion, Sian looked literally breath-taking and she was so focused on taking in everything about the blonde's appearance that she actually forgot to breath. Sian was dressed in a low cut, turquoise dress that cut off along her thigh, the material clinging to her body in all the right places showing off her flawless curves. Her hair was down and curly, falling gracefully over her shoulder and framing her face perfectly and the look was completed with a pair of stylish heels.