Chapter 43

"We are sorry to announce that flight M1654 to Manchester Airport is delayed by approximately three hours. We apologise for the inconvenience."

Everyone in the group let out a loud groan as the announcement bellowed through the speakers into the boarding lounge.

"I feel like throwing myself onto the runway." groaned Sophie, throwing her head back against the chair she was sat on and rubbing her temples, "I'm so sick of this airport."

Katy nodded in agreement as an unimpressed expression graced her features, "I feel like we've just about done everything fun and I have no money left for more duty free stuff."

Sophie was about to speak up but the vibrating of her phone stopped her and instead she quickly plunged her hand into her pocket to retrieve it. Reading the text, a grin quickly formed on Sophie's face.

Bar just down from the boarding lounge. Get yourself here. Ice cold pint waiting for you babe but didn't know what Sam and Katy would want, S xxx

Nudging her friends, Sophie rose to her feet, "Come on ... lets get a drink."

"Do we need to ask who that text was off?" asked Sam, raising her eyebrows and smirking at Sophie in a knowing way.

Sophie chuckled and shook her head as they began the walk to the bar, "Probably not."

"So you guys don't mind hanging out in public now?" asked Katy, with a confused look.

Opening her mouth to speak but stopping as she considered the question, a frown quickly formed on Sophie's face as she thought about the situation. They were about to go to a bar, just next to where the boarding lounge was, all of their classmates surrounding them and probably about to enter the bar as well. Sian had already bought Sophie a drink and was happy for the brunette to join her. Would Tina be there? Was Sian okay with people knowing they were no longer enemies?

Katy watched Sophie carefully as they approached the bar, knowing that her friend was probably just as confused as she was at that moment but choosing to let Sophie speak up in her own time.

"Guess we'll just have to wait and find out." muttered Sophie, shrugging her shoulders as the bar came into view.

Sitting in the corner of the bar were Sian and Kerry, laughing and looking far too happy considering the flight was delayed and they were about to be stuck in a boring airport for the foreseeable future.

As Sophie and her friends approached the table, Sian looked up and smiled broadly at her girlfriend, rising to her feet and pecking the brunette on the lips.

"Hey." greeted Sian before stepping back and taking her seat at the table, "Figured you guys would be bored."

Katy nodded, "You couldn't be more right ... Vodka and coke Sam?"

Nodding in agreement, Sam sat down at the table alongside Sophie as Katy headed off to the bar.

Sophie picked up what she assumed was her drink at the table and looked across at Sian questioningly, "So ... where's Tina?"

"Errrm ... with Tommy I think, isn't she?" Sian turned to Kerry as she finished her sentence, the brunette nodding before Sian looked back at Sophie, "Yeah ... I think they're kind of an item now so they went shopping to get some cheap booze and that."

Sophie took a sip of her drink before opening her mouth to speak, "Yeah but ... what happens when she comes back? Or some other people from our college come in here? I thought you didn't want them to know about ... this."

Sian shrugged, picking up her own drink and taking a large gulp, "Just cause we're having a drink together, doesn't mean they're all gonna jump to the assumption we're dating."