Chapter 46

"You did what?" blurted out Kerry, jumping up from the end of Sian's bed and staring at the blonde in disbelief, "You said that?"

Sian nodded slowly before shrugging at her friend, "Yeah I said it."

"You love her?" questioned Kerry, eying her friend up sceptically.

Sian nodded again, "Of course I do ... I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it."

"I'm sorry Sian but ..." Kerry paused for a second, considering whether it was a good idea to say what she wanted to or not, "If you loved her you should never have done what you did."

"You don't think I know that?" snapped Sian, rubbing her forehead and letting out a sigh, "I'm sorry it's just ... I couldn't do it Kerry. I really really wanted to and I hated just standing there and seeing how hurt she was but no matter how much I hated myself for saying nothing I ... I couldn't get the words out."

Smiling sympathetically and taking her seat on the bed again, Kerry leant forward and gave Sian's hand a squeeze, "I know it's hard but ... if you love her and you wanna be with her you need to stop being so scared."

"I know." muttered Sian, lifting her legs up and resting her chin on her knee, "I wish this was easy."

"What's worse Sian?" started Kerry, giving her friend a serious look, "Telling Tina and everyone else about the girl you love or losing Sophie?"

Sian let out a long sigh, "Of course it's losing Sophie."

"Then I think you know what you have to do."

Shaking her head, Sian began to play with a thread on the bed sheets, a frown etching it's way across her face, "She said that wasn't the point."

"What?" Kerry mirrored Sian's frown, "What isn't the point?"

"Telling Tina." explained Sian, "She said that wasn't the point."

Kerry shrugged, "Well you've gotta start somewhere Sian and that seems as good a place as any."

Throwing her head back against the headboard, Sian let out a frustrated groan, "But I don't want to."

"Stop being such a baby." ordered Kerry, a small grin tugging at her lips at Sian's behaviour, "She might not even take it that bad ... you were scared of telling me and here I am trying to help you get Sophie back."

Lowering her head again, Sian raised her eyebrows and scoffed, "Really? You don't believe that for a second ... she's gonna hit the roof, tell everyone and make not only Sophie's life hell but mine as well."

"That's karma for you." stated Kerry with a shrug.

"Oh ... Right ... Thanks Kerry, really fucking glad I told you now." muttered Sian dryly.

Kerry laughed, "I'm just saying ... If you'd never been so horrible to Sophie from the start then maybe Tina wouldn't have been, Sophie wouldn't have been so bad in return and then Tina wouldn't hate her for being such a sarcastic, cocky lets be honest, better person."

"Yes thanks Kerry ... the irony is clear." mumbled Sian, getting up from the bed and walking over to her desk where her laptop was waiting, "This is so fucking annoying."

"What are you doing?" asked Kerry, watching Sian as she loaded up her Facebook page but didn't give her a reply, "You're not doing what I think you're doing are you?"

Keeping her back to Kerry as she continued typing on the laptop, Sian merely shrugged, "Not doing anything."

"Sian Powers if you load up her Facebook page I'm gonna smack you." warned Kerry, getting up from the bed and standing behind Sian.