Twenty

Kameron
I pulled up to Kennedy house I got out and locked my doors. I walked up to the door and rung the door bell and Mrs. Cooper opened the door.

"Kam hey."

"Hey Mrs. Cooper is Kennedy home?"

"Yeah baby she is come on in."

I nodded and walked inside.

"She's upstairs in her room with her friend working on a project."

"Okay."

I made my way upstairs to Kennedy room I opened the door.

"What the fuck?"

They both separated from each other and looked at me.

"Kam baby I can explain."

I held my hand up.

"Save it Kennedy Alyssa was right."

I walked out of her room and back downstairs I bypassed Mrs. Cooper and walked out of the house closing the door behind me. I walked over to my car and got in locking the doors behind me. I closed my eyes and took some deep breathes then I started up my car and drove off heading home. Ain't no telling how long Kennedy has been cheating on me behind my back and Alyssa tried to tell me and I ignored her.

I pulled up to the house and opened the garage door and drove in I sent Alyssa a text letting her know that she was right and that I'm no longer with her best friend. I shut my car off and closed the garage and got out I locked my doors and made my way inside of the house I locked the door behind me. I went up to my room and closed the door I kicked my shoes off and laid down on the bed and started to think back on all of the signs that I missed of her cheating on me.

There was a knock on my door and my uncle Melvin walked in.

"What are you doing back here nephew I thought you and Kennedy was spending the day together?"

"I did too but I caught her cheating on me and for a while her friend Alyssa has been trying to tell me that Kennedy is cheating on me but I didn't listen to her."

My uncle walked in further and closed the door he sat in my chair and I sat up.

"This Alyssa girl is she messy?"

"Nah she's the complete opposite cause I thought the same thing and I even asked her and she said that she was looking out for me because she know that I am a good guy."

"Is she still friends with Kennedy."

"From my knowledge she is but I'm not sure."

"I think Alyssa been liking you because ain't no way she gon tell you that she is just looking out for you because she knows what type of guy you are."

"I doubt that unc."

"But I'm right because that's breaking girl code between them unless they're not friends anymore the only thing I can tell you is to meet up with Alyssa and see what's up."

"I will unc."

"Oh and your parents are on the way back."

"Together or separately?"

"I'm not sure they didn't say so we'll just have to see."

Few hours later

August
The driver pulled up to the house I tapped Kierra on the shoulder waking her up she yawned and sat up I got out and opened her door she thanked me as she got out. I grabbed the bags from the driver and tipped him then we made our way inside of the house.

"I'm going to go greet everyone go put the bags up."

I nodded and made my way upstairs with the bags once the bags was in the room I heard Kenzo cries I walked over to his nursery and picked him and kissed his forehead and made my way downstairs. I walked into the living room seeing everyone looking at me.

"What?"

"K hasn't told us anything so we want to know from you."

"Know what?"

"Don't play crazy Aug are yall back together or not."

I looked at Kierra and she nodded as she got Kenzo out of my hands and started kissing all over him which made him laugh.

"We are and we're in therapy working on our relationship."

"That's good."

"Yeah it is."

"Y'all gotta talk to Kam."

"Why?"

"He caught Kennedy cheating on him today."

"See I knew there was another reason for me not liking her besides her not showing me respect. Is he alright Mel?"

"Before I left out of the room he seemed fine but with Kam you never know."

We nodded we heard footsteps come downstairs and go into the kitchen. Kameron came into the living room.

"Hey ma and dad."

"Hey son," we spoke.

"I'll be back I'm about to go and meet up with Alyssa."

"Who's Alyssa?"

"Kennedy ex best friend."

"Armon I know you don't have two girls ending their friendship because of you," Kierra asked.

"It's the exact opposite mama I'll be back I love y'all."

Kameron walked out of the house closing the door behind him.

"Hey y'all," Kingston spoke as he walked in.

"Wassup nephew Kam let you in."

"Yessir."

"You came to apologize to your mama?"

"Yessir."

"For what?"

"Your nephew decided that he wants to do drugs and Cha caught him and he put his hands on her."

"He did what," I quickly looked at Kingston.

"Don't worry bout it Aug I got his ass in line."

"Your mama labor with you wasn't easy and you wanna put your hands on her the woman who gave birth to you and almost lost her life. Your daddy was about to lose his wife and you was about to lose your mama and you decide to put your hands on the woman who gave you life."

"K I already said all of that."

"Ik auntie K and mama I'm so sorry and it won't happen again."

Kingston wiped his eyes.

"Im not going to do drugs anymore I'm going to start back with going to practice and I'm going to straighten up."

Chandra stood up she walked over to Kingston and punched him in the chest and also said the next time he do some shit like that she gon put his ass in the hospital. He lucky Melvin has changed and he didn't let me know what happened or his ass would've had two ass whoopings.