chapter 6

(dean's pov, sunday april 7th 2019)

i hear her yell 'thanks for the gas' as i close my car door. i love her southern accent but she confuses me. she acts nothing like how mike said she is. i expected her to be wearing skimpy clothes, makeup, nails done. right now she's wearing jeans, a cut off tank top, and cowboy boots.

yesterday at the glass shop she was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, no makeup, hair in a bun, and she had black chipped nail polish on her nails. she had a small bruise on the side of her face and was also working when we got there. mike said all she does is cause problems, make his life hell, whore around so something wasn't making sense.

friday night she seemed disgusted by tony touching her too. mike said she wouldn't have a problem with it but she definitely didn't seem fond of the situation.

she didn't throw herself at anyone, she was very quiet the whole car ride, dom told me she jumped when she heard us yelling at the glass shop, she refused his money, she also didn't steal dom's car and was more than willing to hand me the keys. she seemed like a typical teenager so either mike was lying or there's more to the story.

i realize i'm still sitting in the gas station parking lot when dom hits my forehead and i glare at him.

"you're daydreaming about her aren't you? aren't you?" he teases me and i hit him in the head.

"fuck off." i say starting the car and pulling out of the parking spot and onto the road. i head back towards the city to drop dom back off at our parents house. he has his own house but spends most of his time at our parents.
———
"how was your day honey?" my mom asks as i walk in the kitchen.

"fine." i tell her shrugging and grabbing a water from the fridge.

"what's wrong?" she says grabbing my arm. i knew better than to walk away from her while she's talking to me but she had to make sure.

"i'm just stressed." i say.

"is your father working you too hard? do i need to go talk to him?" she asks.

"no not with work. i don't really want to talk about it." i say kissing her cheek.

"well when you are let me know." she tells me and i nod. "who did this to you?" she asks talking about my face.

"lilith." i tell her.

"no she didn't. she's a lovely girl." she tells me.

"she did but i deserved it. i provoked it and pissed her off." i tell my mom and she gives me the look i know way to well.

"you better be nice to her dean cole matteo! she is a very lovely girl and doesn't deserve that! i raised you better than this boy!" my mom yells at me and then hits me with the wooden spoon in her hand.

"oww okay i get it." i say flinching away from the spoon.

"you better get it boy!" she tells me. "now get out of my kitchen." she says calmly going back to her cooking. i sigh and take my water going to my dad's office.

"i heard your mother yelling. what did you do?" my dad asks before i can even sit down.

"i told her that lilith punched me." i say pointing to my cheek.

"lilith did that!" he asks shocked and i nod. "i like that girl more and more. anyways how'd it go?"

"the meeting went fine and then afterwards i saw lilith at the gas station." i say rolling my eyes.

"you need to quit being so rude. she has done nothing to you." my dad says.

"her whole life is a mystery. she has a younger sister, who has a different mom then her by the way, and she has an older sister. i didn't know she existed." i say and my dad shakes his head.

he thinks i'm dramatic but i think i'm being reasonable. we don't even know the girl and he told her about our mafia.

"your mother really likes her." my dad tells me changing the subject and i nod.

"i've noticed. she told me four times how lovely she is." i tell him. "she's just some girl why is mom so fond of her?" i ask.

"you know how your mother is. she talked to lilith while helping her get ready and she really likes her. your mom always wanted a daughter and lilith is sweet so adalyn is fond of her." my dad says. "she's also really respectful so i like her too."

i roll my eyes knowing he's talking about how dom and i have disrespected him before.

"don't roll your eyes at me boy and lose the fucking attitude!" my dad yells at me. "this is what i'm talking about! straighten up!"

"yes sir." i say. he hates disrespect more than anything and i was pushing it right now.

"now get out of my office and go work out." he tells me.

"i'll do it at home." i tell him and he nods. i've pissed him off.

"before i go i want to point out something." i say, now standing in front of his desk.

"continue." he says.

"how much did she get paid friday night?" i ask him.

"5,000." he says.

"when she was dancing with tony friday she looked disgusted but mike said she wouldn't have a problem doing it right?" i ask him but he doesn't seem to see where this is going.

"what are you say?" he asks me.

"it's weird is all. mike made her out to be a whore, problem child but when she was here she seemed like a typical teenager. she showed up in jeans and a t-shirt, no makeup, she was quiet the whole car ride to the bar. dom said she jumped when he was with her at the glass shop and we started yelling. i think mike's lying or there's more to the story he didn't tell. she has a bruise on her cheek and mike has quite a few assault charges. we didn't know lilith and izzy had different mom's. we also didn't know lilith wasn't his oldest. he's been hiding things." i point out.

"this is ridiculous dean, you're looking into her life too much." he tells me.

"no i'm looking into mike because he's sketchy. drugs just went missing so we need to be careful." i point out.

i know i'm looking into her life a bit too much like he said but with things going missing and mike being weird we have to be careful. issac could he fucking with us.

isaac's my dad's brother, my uncle. he's the younger brother which means he wasn't the heir to our mafia. he's been jealous of my dad for years and has been out to get us since my dad took over after my grandpa was murdered.

"i'll talk to adalyn about this tonight at dinner." he tells me.

"alright i'm going home." i tell him. i tell my mom bye and don't even bother finding dom. i then leave going to my house.

once i get home and i go change to go work out. i unbutton my shirt and take it off staring at my arms and chest. i glare at myself in disgust seeing all the scars. i'm covered in tattoos to hide them but they're still visible and i hate it. i frown and run my fingers over the deepest one on my shoulder blade. i sigh and clench my fist before trying to calm myself down.

i sigh and put on a long sleeved shirt to cover them and a pair of shorts. i then go to my gym and workout.

a/n: sorry i haven't updated recently i've been working a lot and it was my birthday