chapter 10

saturday april 13th 2019

between school and work everyday i'm exhausted. it's now saturday and i took the morning off to relax but now devan and dalton have convinced me to go ride dirt bikes with them so relaxing definitely isn't happening. luckily driving helps me clear my head so this might help.

i park my truck next to devan's and dalton and i get out. we undo the ratchet straps holding down our dirt bikes and start unloading them out of my truck. devan's friend austin then pulls in beside me with his newest girlfriend. the guy has a new girl every week so i don't even bother remembering names anymore.

they get out of the truck and i look at the girl. she looks the same as all the other ones. she's blonde, skinny, in leggings, a sports bra, and air forces with the pink helmet in her hand that all of austin's girlfriends wear. she's absolutely gorgeous.

we get all the dirt bikes unloaded and started getting ready to go. austin's girl gets on the back of his and then complained about how muddy his bike is. i don't know why i expected anything less. she probably doesn't even realize how muddy she's about to get going through the woods.

i start up my dirt bike and put on my helmet. the woods were wide enough we could ride with at least three of us side by side but it typically turns into a race.
———
well that was eventful to say the least.

austin's girlfriend complained about being muddy the whole time and about how fast he was going. dalton kept going off the trail cause he wanted to zigzag through the trees. devan drives like a psychopath but that's nothing new. AJ is just an idiot and follows devan and dalton in their stupidity so overall just a normal day.

as soon as i got home i showered to get the mud off of me and then had to hurry to get ready for work. we lost track of time a bit and took a bit too long riding around so now i'm late. it's nothing new though.

i get to work five minutes late but my manager just smiles at me not complaining so i was thankful for that. i clock in and then get to work.
———
"hi my names lilith, i'll be your server today. what can i get started for y'all?" i ask as i place down napkins for their drinks to go on. when i finally look at the people i notice it's dean and dom.

"sweet tea." dom says.

"dr. pepper." dean says smirking at me.

"what are y'all doin here?" i ask them.

"awe babes i know you're so excited to see me." dom says teasingly.

"i hate you." i say laughing. "i'll be right back."

i then walk away to get their drinks. they better not do anything while i'm working. i return with their drinks and then take their food order.

"what'd you do to my mom?" dean asks me. my thoughts begin to race at the thought of something happening to adalyn. i barely knew her but she was so sweet.

"what! what do you mean? is she okay?" i ask worriedly.

"fine. besides the fact that she keeps talking about how fond of you she is." dean tells me.

"well let your mom know i'm very fond of her too." i tell him before going to put in their order. i give another table their bill and refill another tables drinks. we weren't that busy since it's passed 9pm but there's a few customers here.

"lilith." my coworker and friend kenny says. i go over to the bar where he works.

"yes?" i ask.

"do you know those guys?" he asks me nodding to dean and dom.

"no." i tell him.

"the one on the left keeps giving you a look and watching you." kenny says smiling. "they're hot as hell though lilith."