Chapter 16

Lucas

They looked at her stunned.
"Where? Do you remember who he was with or how he looked?" Charlie asked.
"You will think I'm crazy. I never saw him in real life, but I saw him in a dream," she told them.
"You probably saw him somewhere and dreamed about it then," Charlie said, giving the hope up already.

"Hang on a second," Lucas disagreed. "Are you sure you never saw the boy anywhere before or that he looks similar to someone?"
"I'm sure about that. When I woke up from my dream I believed my mind made him up because the man from the nightmare was there, too," she answered. Lucas frowned.

"Who's that man?"
"I don't know him. I just had the same nightmare two times and then I dreamed about this boy and the man was there."

"It was probably just a dream," Charlie intervened.
"And I think you might be able to look into the future through your dreams, as well," Lucas told her, ignoring Charlie. He had a bad habit of quickly jumping to conclusions.
"You can look into the future?" Jackson asked.

"Yes, but I can't control it, or I don't know how," Luna answered him.
"What happened in the dream?" Lucas asked. Luna told them in detail what she had dreamed and the more she told them the more Lucas knew that she had seen the truth.

"So, it's likely that child is created," Jackson stated.
"That would explain how a child is able to do that," Charlie reasoned.
Lucas had only eyes for Luna, watching her carefully if she realized that this was a new ability.
She seemed to have no clue.

"That's actually really good. We could try to find a legend or spell that could apply to this," Lucas said. He would tell her about her new ability when they were in private.
"But we still need to figure out who that man is and if he's the same man as in the video," Charlie pointed out.

"Maybe it could be the leader of the gang my parents were in. Since they are involved it would be likely," Luna suggested.
"The problem is that the gang had been dissolved," Charlie stated, Lucas instantly disagreed. "On whose side are you?"

"Always on hers, never on yours," Lucas replied with a smirk. "Anyways, they disappeared, not dissolved. We don't know if they still existed."
"They hid for all these years and planned something big," Jackson spoke his mind. He leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms. "But how do we know it's still the same leader? It could be that they dissolved and then found someone new."

"This might be nothing, but I saw the same man in my nightmare. He took away a baby from a woman. Since we know that I've been probably kidnapped and my parents were part of the gang, it could be that the man took and gave me to them, and maybe they did the same with other children back then," she tried to explain.

"Wait, I don't get it. How does it prove anything?" Charlie looked at them confused.
"I get what she's saying," Jackson said.
"Luna saw the same man kidnap a baby twenty years ago and create a boy a few months ago. And in between they disappeared. Get it now?" Lucas told him again.

"Yes," Charlie replied.
"I'll inform Nicholas, he will look for the man and the boy. Luna, since you saw that man, go with Lucas and create a picture of him and find those six people," Jackson gave instructions.

"I'm still doing the hardest work." Lucas playfully rolled his eyes.
"You'll survive. And Charlie, I would keep up. Luna just joined the team and brought us further than you did," Jackson said, which made Lucas laugh while he lead Luna to his office.

"Go sit in my chair," he told her and closed the door behind them.
"Do you wanna make the picture first?" she asked as she sat down in his chair.
"I would like to talk about your new ability first, then about your nightmare, then the pictures and everything else," he told her his plan. Confusion spread across her face as she let his words sink in.