Chapter 30

Lucas

"Yes," Lucas answered Nicholas.
"No. Come in," Luna replied and slipped out of his embrace. Lucas smiled at her and pulled his chair for her. She took it, and he stood behind her.

"What you got?"
"Well, I think I promised Luna gets a really good date from you if she's right," Nicholas answered. "Guess, you have to take her out."
"Love to."

"I was right?" Luna asked. Nicholas answered with a nod and opened the folder he brought with him. He showed him a picture that looked exactly like the man Luna had described and he looked like the man from the tapes. He was a tall, slightly muscular man with black hair, dark brown eyes, and sharp features.

"His name is Malcolm Black and he is the owner of MBC, Malcolm Black Company. It wasn't that easy to find out the name. He's 42 years old, no family, and he's part warlock and part vampire," Nicholas informed them.

"That explains how they disappeared, he probably took the other men with him," Lucas stated.
"That's what I think, too. There's not much more I could find out. He doesn't have any social accounts, he barely is registered anywhere and I'm still talking to people to get his address."

"Anything about his childhood?" Luna questioned. She was thinking like Lucas. Something in his childhood could be the reason for his actions.

"Apparently, his father left him at a young age and took his older brother with him. His mother died shortly before his eighteenth birthday on cancer. The only reason I got this information is because he had to go to a home for a few months until he was eighteen and could leave. He immediately left. Otherwise, I don't have anything."

"That doesn't help. The death of his mother can't be the reason for so much damage," Lucas thought. There had to be something else, something he was overseeing.
"Not everyone's like Wyatt," Luna murmured, but he heard it perfectly.
"What do you mean?" Lucas frowned, not understanding what she was talking about. What did Wyatt have to do with this?

"Not everyone's kind. We can go through the same thing and come out completely different. Do you know where he comes from?" Luna explained and looked at Nicholas.
"He was born in Venezuela," Nicholas answered.
"What race is he?" she corrected her question and now Lucas followed her thought.

"Smart," he praised. She looked up to him and he kissed her quickly, while Nicholas looked it up.
"Part white, part black. You think it could connect to his actions?" Lucas and Luna nodded.
"Can you find out what went on in his childhood?" Lucas requested.
"I'll work on it. How are you getting along?"

Lucas exchanged looks with Luna and answered then: "We have a bunch of legends and documents that don't fit. We're working on it."
"Good. I'll tell the others." Nicholas remained sitting in the chair and looked at Luna. "You're telling her or should I?" he asked looking up at Lucas.

"Tell me what?"
"Since we confirmed that Malcolm Black is the owner of MBC and that your parents work for him, it's for your own security that you be careful even around your parents," Lucas explained.
"My parents wouldn't hurt me."

"We don't know that," Jackson said, coming into the room. He set down a folder on Lucas' desk. "We can't be sure that your parents at least don't let someone else hurt you. They are really deep into this and we can't judge how far they would go to proceed with their mission."

"I know they can't hurt me. They do mistakes and I didn't forgive them for lying to me all my life, but they have been good parents and they always loved me," Luna disagreed. Lucas understood what she was feeling and he didn't dare to take that away from her. He turned the chair and leaned down, so he was eye level with Luna.