Chapter 20

Lucas

Lucas walked into his apartment still overly happy. Nothing would drag him down today, though he knew that he had to go to the council in an hour. They wouldn't get anywhere, he knew that, but he wouldn't give up and he had to win this battle.

Wyatt and Asher already sat at the couch and looked at him expectantly.
"So?" Asher asked. Lucas fell on the couch next to him.
"We will go out tomorrow evening," he told them.
"Finally," Wyatt sighed. "I started to believe you two would never get together."

"I told you it would work," Asher declared overly confident.
Wyatt laughed out holding his stomach. "He did it my way. Your way would've never worked on her. She would've lost all feelings for him."
"Tell him you did it my way." Asher eyed Lucas, believing he was right.

"I did it my way." Lucas leaned back and smirked. In the end, he just had to be himself.
In the end, it had been so easy and he had no idea why he had overreacted. If Luna liked him, then she liked him because of who he was.

"Your way? What's that?" Asher raised an eyebrow. "The last time you asked someone out was decades ago." Lucas rolled his eyes. But Asher was right, it had been a while ago.

"I gave her a rose and simply asked if she would go on a date with me."
"That worked?" Asher looked at him in disbelief. Wyatt wasn't shocked.
"You don't know her," Wyatt told Asher. "She's the cute type, she would never go out with you, but Lucas is just her type. And she's already in love with him."

"I don't care why it worked. I'm just happy she's going out with me."
"I swear by the end of next week you two will be a couple," Wyatt declared and Lucas would like that. He would like her to be his girlfriend.

"Will you bring her home? If you do I'll stay away, not in the mood to hear my brother fuck," Asher spoke. Lucas frowned and instantly was annoyed by Asher's comment. He hated his brother for exactly this behavior, for his childish attitude.

Asher was twenty but behaved like a sixteen-year-old teenager who had only games, alcohol, and sex in his mind. Sometimes, it just got too much and Lucas would love to put him in his place, but Asher wouldn't change. He had to learn that for himself, hopefully soon.

"Luna's not a chick you pick up at the club, fuck, and pass on. This is serious and I would appreciate it if you would take it that way," Lucas snapped.
Asher held up his hands in defense. "Okay. I got it."

"Anyways," Wyatt spoke up to change the topic. "I asked Emma out and she said yes."
Lucas looked at him stunned. "Since when are you so bold? I thought you wanna keep it at friendship?"

"I thought a lot about what Luna told me and she's right with one point, I will regret not trying." Lucas waited for him to go on, knowing there was more. "And she somehow found out that I love Emma and keeps telling me that I should do it."
"She's right. You should," Lucas confirmed. "And she has the power to feel someone's emotions."

"Great. No one's gonna be safe from her." Lucas laughed. That would be true. However, Luna wasn't the type to misuse her powers. "Good thing I like her though."
"What you're planning for the date?" Asher asked.
"Definitely a restaurant. You know any nice restaurant I can afford? Where are you taking Luna?"

"I'm not sure if I'm taking her to a restaurant," Lucas admitted. "I might take her to a picnic and a movie later."
"She'll love that, but I really need a restaurant." Wyatt started tapping his fingers on the armrest.
"I know a good one, but it's expensive," Asher said.

"I can help you out with the money, but just be yourself. That's why she will love you, not for taking her to a nice restaurant," Lucas advised before Wyatt could disagree.
"I'll think about it, thanks." Wyatt stood up. "I'll go get ready for work."
"And I need to go to the council." They started to walk towards the staircase to get changed.