Ch. 2 - Vicious scooter

The first day, as expected, was nothing to be crazy about.

The day went by with the introductory lectures, and I was kinda looking forward to the Neuroanatomy ones, but apart from that, the others were pretty normal.

I decided to grab some coffee at the nearby cafe before heading to the dorms.

The others were probably still finishing their day, so I'd talk to them later.

After getting my coffee and taking a few steps towards the street, the most unnatural and heavy rain started to pour.

Wonderful. I looked up before I started running back to the dorms.

It was a nice run for the first minutes if you don't consider the fact that the wind was so freakishly strong it could probably lift me from the ground, and I almost fell two times.

The rain was getting thicker and my vision blurry as I turned into a corner, getting closer to my goal location, and that's when I saw everything slowing down and my life flashing through my eyes.

Dramatic? Yes, but that's kinda what happened.

One second I was happily jogging through the not-so-pleasant rain trying to save my coffee that was about 70% rainwater by now, and on the other, I was being hit by something that was so fast it was probably one of those fancy super expensive motorcycles going at full speed.

I probably flew a few feet before hitting the wet ground and rolling for God knows how long until I felt my back hitting something hard.

If me not sitting straight through the years hasn't given me scoliosis yet, this sure has.

I guess now is the time to thank my vampire side again.

I healed faster than most people but not instantly, and I also had a high pain tolerance and good body resistance in general, so I probably didn't have several fractures.

Maybe a couple, but beggars can't be choosers.

I tried rolling a bit over but it felt like my chest would explode, so I decided to just lay there like the corpse I was. If I was lucky, the bones would get into their places and it wouldn't take me too long to heal.

I could feel my clothes getting more and more drenched and the black coffee sliding through the sidewalk.

Why the hell was a motorcycle on a sidewalk?

"Holy fucking mother of God, are you okay?!" I heard an unfamiliar voice and someone stepping closer to me carelessly, making droplets of water fly on my face.

"Peachy," I said dryly, opposing my actual state of being soaking wet.

"What the fuck?!" A more familiar voice erupted from the rain. At least Alice was here to witness my suffering. "You just ran Hunter over!"

I giggled at her tone, and it was a hell of a bad idea. I could feel my chest hurting again as more people approached.

"We told you not to ride that kid's scooter in the rain, now you killed our emotional support hu-" I recognized Mason's voice and tried looking at him, making him rethink his next words. "Humble friend."

They did their best to hide they weren't humans, but I guess it slipped sometimes.

Wait, did he just say kid's scooter? I was run over by a fucking scooter?!

That thing was going like a 100 miles/h, what the actual fuck.

"Well, it was under control until the rain began and I kinda started to slide over," the girl said defensively.