Ch. 41 - Back

"We have to go back!" A known voice got my attention in the middle of the darkness.

"We can't, Casey. We have to find out who's behind all of this and then we can try to fix this."

"She said something about grandwitch. Salem is the only one left since Renna disappeared. We have to get to her." Saria's voice erupted.

Were we still falling?

The voices started to get more confusing and overwhelming, and I felt something gripping my throat.

Lauren's hands. Great

Thump.

My back reached a hard floor, making my spine scream in pain. Apparently, we were still falling, and we were fast.

I opened my eyes, only to realize I was being stared at by a whole bunch of startled supernaturals while in the middle of Saria's fancy living room.

The key.

I didn't have it, but I saw Lauren with it after letting go of my throat, and she was going towards Gretel.

I quickly got up and tackled her, making the both of us fall again, but at least we were away from the good twins.

"Run!" I said, and Hansel and Gretel got up while Lauren tried to get me off of her.

I could feel the dimensions shifting again, and I realized she was trying to take me to the grandwitch.

That could not happen.

Thankfully, my will to not die was stronger than hers of killing me.

Thump.

When the travel process was over, I had no idea where we were.

It was dark, but I could still see a few things like tables and chairs, and of course, Lauren throwing one of them at me.

I dodged, keeping a hard grip on the key, and she soon got closer to me and kicked me, making me fly and hit a hard surface, breaking through it.

I rolled on the ground and the breeze indicated that we were outside somewhere, and that's when I heard people speaking.

"Is that some kind of new attraction?"

"Maybe it's inspired by that new movie."

I looked up to find myself surrounded by people staring at me, and a bit away in my vision was a statue of a man close to a...rat?

Am I in Disneyland?

Well, not even the most magical place on earth could make Lauren drop the sour face when she got out of the tiny building we were in and dashed towards me, ready for a kick.

I had probably one last time to teleport and I wanted to make sure that she wasn't with me, so I had to take care of her first.

I got up and took off running, only for her to tackle me down and hold my arms on the ground.

I used my legs to spin us around and get a grip on her neck before snapping it like she had done with my foot earlier. The problem was that even if her head was as twisted as an owl's looking backward she was still moving.

"Those special effects are sick!" Someone passing by said, and I thanked God that we were in a place where these things could be seen as visual effects and not as a murder attempt.

Lauren's head spun back to its place with an unnatural crack, and as I got up, she did too.

I ran, grabbing things from people's hands and throwing them in her direction. It was okay until a little boy got upset with me for taking his churro from him, but well, that's life for you.