Ch. 20 - Pain

When I woke up, everything was hurting.

Yay, another cliche phrase for my list.

I just wish I felt everything hurt after doing some other kind of activity, and not after getting beat up by Lauren's boot.

My jaw was most certainly not in its proper place, but it was far away from being my lowest point.

I was in a dark room that had absolutely nothing in it. No furniture, windows, and not even a freaking door.

The only thing in it was a tiny lamp on the roof, and I, tied down to a chair with my legs roped to it and arms stretched back, cuffed.

Honestly, they didn't even have to lock me up. It's not like I could move around by myself anyways.

It didn't matter how tough I was, especially that ever since I started to drink blood more frequently I needed it on my system if I wanted my healing to work.

I tried looking down at my body, earning a crack from somewhere in it, and wasn't much surprised by what I had seen.

The top and the shorts I was wearing did a poor job hiding the black and purple bruises on my skin that went from my abdomen to my legs. I probably had some kind of internal bleeding as well.

It would be hard not to have any after the kicks.

Avery would kill me if he saw what I got myself into.

The thought of the alpha worrying about me made me want to smile, but I opted not to do that to avoid some of the pain.

Then my thoughts changed.

I was here, and I was alone.

So where were the twins?

How much time had passed?

Were the others already back from the forest? Were the twins here to finish my mission? I can't be trapped in here, not while everyone is in danger.

I tried to take a deep breath, feeling my body burn from inside out, and managed to focus on my surroundings just like Haven had taught me.

If you're ever panicking, try to slow down and trust your senses. We are majestic beings, we are smarter than we think we are. Those were their words to me, so I did as I was told.

I focused on every tiny thing, and then I smelled something.

Blood.

Liliana's blood was staining my clothes.

I got happy for a moment, but how the hell was I supposed to reach for my clothes if I was completely tied and couldn't move an inch without having my body cracking?

There has to be another way.

I scanned around the room, my eyes finally adjusting to the darkness of it, and my sense of smell dragged my attention to a specific corner of the room.

After breathing it in a few more times, I stretched my view and noticed that the corner was actually some kind of entrance.

The door.

And close to it, my pot of gold. Or a pot of blood in this case.

Liliana was likely still bleeding from our fight when she brought me here, and there was blood next to the hidden door. Not only there, but there were bloody footsteps all over the room.

I just had to lick the floor and I'd be fine.

The thought wasn't the most pleasant one, but it was still my only chance.