Ch. 40 - Travel

"Does everyone know their part?" I asked the other three, who nodded in agreement.

It's been two days of anticipation - expecting for the twins to appear - so we'd get out of here.

Gretel managed to convince Hansel that it was for the best if they did something other than to wait for all eternity trapped, so we were just waiting until we got our shot.

The last two days were of me talking about how I knew some witches that could help them and teach them magic, and Jace helped me hype them up for some human experiences like when you kill someone for the first time.

I, of course, stopped him before he started to talk about torture, but Hansel was already into the idea.

Their tent was located in an area close to the water and other fruits, and there was an actual forest with actual animals in it that they hunted down for eating.

They explained that sometimes, as a defense mechanism, the dimension would change so it'd kill intruders that weren't inside the tent's protection spell that the grandwitch had placed in it, so that's why there were two suns that day.

Gretel mentioned that she suspected that the time in this dimension passed differently from the time in our original dimension, so if we were lucky we'd come back in time before something too bad happened.

Now it was just a matter of time until they came back for more power, and when the earthquake from the other day happened, our wait had come to an end.

All we had to do was to get the portal key and imagine our destination. Hansel and Gretel would grant us the power.

"Where are those runts?" I heard Lauren from outside the tent. The four of us were still inside, and that's when I bit Gretel's arm, making her flinch.

She was too powerful, so I couldn't drink much and had to discharge all of it before I lost my mind.

And that's what I did.

I pulled back from Gretel, my scalp and eyes burning, and I resisted the urge to drink more blood from them. This thing is addicting.

"Hey!" Liliana entered the tent, her eyes falling directly on me. "Ugh."

I hissed at her before jumping, and she never saw it coming.

One punch was all it took to make her fly out of the tent, and I soon did the same, facing her and Lauren.

"Let's make sure she dies this time," Liliana said before taking a gun from her waist, but I got to her before she could do anything.

She would usually anticipate this even if she wasn't fast enough to stop me. Something is different.

I threw the gun away before holding her by her nape and punching the light out of her so she wouldn't fly away again. I was almost sure I crushed her jaw after this one.

When I let go of her, she fell on the ground, and I turned to Lauren. For the first time in my life I could tell she was uneasy, but who wouldn't be if they were facing something like me?

She came over to me and tried a high kick that would usually give me trouble, but I just held her leg midair and pulled it, making her fall on her back.

Soon enough I had my foot pressing her throat, and I had a sudden urge to laugh.

Laugh at her miserable state, at how weak she looked under my foot, and I started to press it down harder, making her gasp for air, but I wouldn't let her.