Epilogue

When Amelie woke up, everything was hurting.

And not because of a beating, for her much-needed relief.

It's been five good years without all of that fuss, and she couldn't be better.

It wasn't easy, not at all. The first few months and even a couple of years were filled with sleepless nights and nightmares. The therapy helped, but they were still there.

Thankfully she had the others around her.

Mason opened his restaurant and Avery worked with him. Alice went over to give them a hand sometimes, but Sinna and her were traveling almost all of the time.

Troian and Saria were taking care of Isabel since it was safer for the kid to live with them than with a pack of wolves. They promised to take the others on trips when they had the time, and soon they should all be going to Brazil.

Legends say that there's a secluded tribe there with a specific kind of supernaturals that only exist there, but that's a whole other story.

Supernaturals and hunters were most definitely in peace, even if subtle fights were popping over now and then. Fortunately, Jace, Hansel, and Gretel were there to help them, alongside Dana and Kyle. They took that part over with them.

The four witches had actually formed a coven, and it was getting quite the attention.

Marina and Lucy went back to their pack but showed up every now and then to visit, and after a long time, Haven found their mate.

No doubt that their dates were the best.

The witches from The Five kept helping around, but dealing with that was much easier now. Samantha and Serena had more time to themselves, which meant that Salem had more time alone.

She put up that facade when Amelie came back from the Dimension of the Withered with her humanity back and without being completely insane.

The grandwitch was the one who had helped Renna create that place, and she most definitely could have opened a portal there to get Amelie out, but she chose not to. It could be dangerous, she assumed, but once again, the girl proved to be more difficult to get rid of.

All she could truly do now was to expect that no one paid attention to the hybrid and no one tried to do anything to her, which probably would be easy to do since she was no longer fighting and exposing her abilities.

Casey was happy. She had her friends around her, and she also had an incredible mate - and fiancé - that she knew wouldn't leave her.

After long talks and promises, including one of not getting into crazy portals or facing powerful witches by yourself, everything was good.

Except maybe for the fact that she had to get up from bed so she could open the cafe they own.

It was a nice, ample space. A few tables and chairs, coffee scent all over it. A cozy place where people could go to gather around, talk, and even share their problems with Amelie, who did manage to finish her college degree.

The cafe also had an "artsy" part, where people could paint, sculpt, and all of that with the instruction of Casey, who worked both with food and arts, but the latter one was still her strong point.

Its popularity grew quickly, if not for all of that, for the fact that they may or may not have special items like beverages that don't get warmer or colder, or sweets to lift your mood, courtesy of Dana.

You're not good at painting or sculpting? No problem. Just do your best and, somehow, everything will end up being just the way you like it, no wonder Casey is known as one of the best instructors around town.

Amelie spent most of the time thinking about those simple things in life now.

No more threats, world domination, evil twins, or hallucinations.

She couldn't remember much from those days, except maybe for the traumatic parts, but she didn't care about that.

Maybe it would be nice if she could remember Renna's last words to her about Salem being selfish, but the grandwitch was the last thing in her mind, the first one being Casey and how she looked cute when she was baking with an apron.

Was she wearing anything else besides that? That's up to the individual imagination.

Things were great, maybe even too great, and when Amelie thinks about it, she just brushes it off to not jinx it. It had worked out well to that point, and it probably would keep working.

Happiness doesn't last forever, and it helps us appreciate the good moments we have, but that thrill didn't seem to be ending any time soon, and that's what mattered for them.

In the present, things were great.

And sometimes that's all we need.

The End.