Interlude - The huntress and the witch

"Love, you should stop worrying. You've said before that Hunter is smart. She probably saw the email you sent but just forgot to give you an answer." Saria, the witch, comforted her mate while the both of them laid in bed.

It was still a bit weird to the huntress to be with someone else after 24 years of being under Silas control and the twins' threat, but it was most certainly a feeling she could get used to.

Troian, the oldest daughter of the head of the family and the former heir to the Soilés, had made a drastic change to her life after falling in love with the witch she had to kill. But who could judge her?

After all, your nemesis is your perfect half.

It had been three months since they ran away, and those were, without a doubt, the best months of Troian's life, but she had stumbled across some trouble.

She couldn't help herself but hack into the family's records when she had the urge to get news on Hunter, the girl she considered to be a sister more than most of her siblings, and Isabel, her youngest sister who she had promised to go back to when things were less dangerous.

She wasn't so worried about Isabel since she knew that the twins would only dare to beat her when she turned ten and she'd get her back before that, but she had raised that girl by herself and couldn't help but to think of her.

Hunter, on the other hand... Troian found something on her this time.

Hunter had gone into a mission a bit over a year ago in a different country, and apparently, Silas had given her one last month to get it done with, but that was likely a lie.

Especially when the twins had plane tickets to the place she was staying and would get there on the weekend or even before it.

Troian did some searching and managed to find a way to contact Hunter. She sent the girl an email but still hadn't gotten any kind of response.

She was scared for the girl, scared for what they could do to her.

Hunter was strong, but the twins were vicious.

"You want to go check on her, don't you?" Saria asked. She spent most of her time looking at her mate, so it was hard to miss what her troubled expression meant.

"As much as I want us to keep away from trouble, Hunter is one of the reasons I was able to keep myself sane in that house."

"I think I indirectly owe this girl a favor. She did make you realize your sexuality by making you overheard all of those gay shows over the years," the witch joked, granting a slap from the other girl. "It's still a bit too early for a teleportation spell, though. It isn't even noon yet."

"It's Sunday, so you do have a point." The huntress nested her head closer to her mate's chest. "And I don't feel like getting up either, but don't you have a meeting with your sisters around eleven? Which happens to be in ten minutes?"

"Shoot, I forgot," Saria said, having to resist the urge to lay down for the rest of the day. "After it's over, I'll take you to your sister."

As much as having Hunter being referred to as a sister was weird, it was also refreshing. Being able to say who your family is instead of relying on bloodlines was something that Troian thought for a long time that wouldn't be possible, and she still wonders sometimes how she had been so lucky to cross paths with the witch who made it happen.

The huntress laid down again while Saria went to a different room to perform a communication spell to get in touch with her sisters.

"Sinna, Samantha, Serena, Salem, rok'itzthurm," the witch proclaimed, repeating the words over and over until she felt her eyes burning and her body got lighter.