Ch. 3 - Too nice

It has been a week since Casey moved here and things have been crazy.

I can tell she's been trying to be the nicest she can be, but it's too much.

Too nice.

And it creeps me out.

I was already fully healed from the scooter incident, but that wasn't the last time I got hurt because of her.

Her nice behavior was turning out to have a bad outcome instead of a good one.

Want an example?

Last Wednesday she decided to clean the floor and apparently it was her first time doing so. She ended up using the wrong product, which resulted in an extra slippery floor, and guess what happened?

I fell. Again.

Then there was the time she was trying to help me clean the bathroom and the sink cracked.

She said it was because of "weak ceramic", but I knew that she was trying to flex her muscles for some reason and she pressed the sink a bit too hard.

And let's not forget when she saw a bug and hit it so hard she left a hole in the wall.

I swear every day that passes with her around makes my blood pressure rise and question why I didn't kill these people.

The others seemed to find my current situation pretty funny to my utter despair, and I was a second away from getting my knives from my closet when they suggested that maybe she was trying to impress me.

Impress me? She was trying to kill me. If not by running me over, by annoying me so much and stressing me up until I had a freaking aneurysm.

"Knock knock," I heard someone saying before barging into the dorm.

Casey was having her lectures and so were Avery and Mason, so the only person who could be was...

"Alice, what an honor to have you in my humble lair," I looked at the girl coming through the door.

"Hey, Hun," she placed a bag on the table and sat on the couch. "I brought your favorite brownies by the way.'

I smiled instinctively but what was weird is that I used to be extremely excited when I saw or smelled those brownies, and now I felt absolutely nothing. Actually, if I felt anything these days when I thought about food, it would be disgust.

"Not going to eat them?"

"Maybe later," I said in honesty. "I'm not really hungry."

"Okay, you're not okay," she sighed. "That being said, we're going out."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Hun, the most exciting thing that has happened to you in your life was probably getting ran over by a scooter."

If only she knew...

"I think that even if I went out every night to do crazy things, the scooter would still top it all out."

"I guess you're right, but that's not the point here," she waved me off. "You need to let out some steam, so we are going out drinking today."

I thought for a moment about ways to get out of this situation, but I couldn't. If Alice wanted something, Alice got it.

-- -- -- --

Alice and I went to our regular pub and got some drinks.

It was going better than I thought, and she managed to cheer me up pretty well.