✓💛Tsukiyama - I Don't Know What To Do💚

I didn't realize yesterday was Wednesday-

Sorry guys. Here ya go!

Tadashi and Tsukishima had been dating for about five months, and it didn't feel like anything was different. Tsukishima hadn't changed anything other than holding his hand, and if Tadashi was being honest, in kinda hurt.

Especially with that phrase.

At this point he was sure Tsukki didn't even realize he was doing it, but hearing "shut up Tadashi" from his boyfriend was starting to wear him down. 

"I don't know Yachi," Tadashi said, looking over at his friend. "I've tried to bring it up to him but he always changes the subject. Plus he just seems bored whenever I talk on the way home, or just...ever. It doesn't seem like he cares that much."

"Dump him," Hinata says, coming up behind the two. Tadashi jumped.

"What?"

"Seriously. If he's doing something that hurts your feelings, tell him about it," Hinata said. "I had to do the same thing with Kageyama."

Tadashi looked down, thinking. He wanted to be in a happy relationship.

That day after practice, the two were walking home. Tadashi was quiet, which made Tsukishima nervous. Tadashi wasn't normally the silent one. After a few minutes of silence, Tsukishima took out his headphones and flipped to one of his playlists.

Tada's Music

He smiled as Tadashi's favorite songs played. Any time Tadashi had mentioned liking a song, Tsukki had added it to the playlist.

They made it home in a stressed silence. As soon as they got to Tsukki's house, Tadashi went and sat on the couch. Also not normal.

Tsukishima followed, wondering what was wrong. He'd noticed Tadashi seemed more upset lately but hadn't known how to bring it up. The pinch server seemed fidgety when Tsukki sat down next to him, and there was a small crease in his forehead he only got when he was stressed.

"Something wrong?" Tsukishima asked. He mentally cursed for sounding so cold.

Tadashi's eyes snapped up.

"...Yeah, actually."

He waited, but Tadashi didn't say anything.

"You gonna share?"

He cursed himself again. He hadn't meant to say it like that.

He saw Tadashi clench his fists. Not good.

"I...I think we should break up!" Tadashi shouted.

Tsukishima was silent, and in that moment, he felt a single crack in his universe.

"...What?" Tsukishima's question was barely more than a whisper.

"I want to break up Tsukki," Tadashi said again. "It just doesn't feel like you care."

"Of course I care. Why would I date you if I didn't?"

That sounded, SO wrong. Why can't I just say things the way I mean them!?

"I...you're always complaining about people asking you out. Say yes when I ask, suddenly girls are leaving you alone."

Another crack.

"And any time I try to talk to you, it's like you're ignoring me. You just change the subject and it hurts Tsukki. I want to have a happy relationship with you and it just feels like you don't care."

Crack. Crack.

"Tadashi, I-"

What was he supposed to say? He knew it was true. He knew he was awful at showing he cared and awful at expressing himself, but he hadn't realized he was this bad.

Something wet hit his hand and Tsukki realized he was crying. He only had one thought in his head.

I can't lose him.

"Tadashi...please don't leave," Tsukishima choked out. "I'm sorry."

Tadashi was shocked at his normally cold partner in tears, but kept listening.

"I-I know I'm not good with words and I know I never show it...but I honest to god love you so much it hurts sometimes." Tsukishima put his head in his hands. "I don't say it enough and I know I should and I hate that I can never make you feel as loved as you deserve."

Tsukishima looked back up at Tadashi.

"I'm so sorry Tadashi. Please give me another chance. I can't lose you."

Tadashi paused, then pulled Tsukishima into a hug. He let the taller cry into his shoulder, running a hand through the soft blond hair.

"Okay," he said softly. "I'll give you another chance."

Tsukishima tightened his grip slightly.

"Thank you. I swear I'll do so much better."

The two both tightened their grips on each other, staying that way until they fell asleep.

Bonus

A few weeks later, Tsukishima was waiting for Tadashi to finish practice. He'd been trying his best to show more affection, and had something for the shorter male.

"Ready to go Tsukki?" Tadashi said, walking over to him. Tsukishima smiled and took Tadashi's hand.

"Yes. C'mon, I have something for you at my house."

The two walked back, Tadashi chatting away as usual. Tsukishima made an effort to show the interest he'd always had. When they made it back, he smiled.

"Follow me."

He led Tadashi out into the back yard, where the shorter gasped at the sight. Set up in the yard was a beautiful setup on the picnic table, complete with two plates of food.

"Tsukki..."

"I asked mom and Akiteru to help get it ready on time. I hope you like it."

I'm really trying to be better for you.

Tadashi smiled and hugged Tsukishima tightly.

"Thank you!" he said. Tsukishima returned the hug and smiled, relaxing into his boyfriend's arms.

This is kinda short, but I just loved the idea of Tsukki actually losing his cool when he was at risk of losing the person he loved. That just sounds so sweet to me.

Hope you enjoyed!