Chapter Twenty: Tree House & Something New

Chapter 20: Tree House & Something New

The only blessing about the night was that it was a full moon. And I was grateful I brought the jacket. Who knew it would come this handy.

He waited for me to catch up with him and followed me from behind when he realized there was every chance of me getting lost. "Are you trying to kidnap me?" I asked.

Ryan let out a deep chuckle. "And do what? Seduce you? Cause I don't need money." I started to walk backward to see him.

I put a hand under my chin and pretended to think, "Hmm, maybe, who knows? I'm so irresistible after all."

This time his laughter was deeper than before and he snorted. "Yeah, keep telling yourself that."

I gasped dramatically. "How dare you! For someone who thinks I'm pretty, that's a cheap lie."

Ryan raised an eyebrow. "And when is the time I told you that?"

"Why, in the mall this morning," I replied. "Jeez you're already getting old."

But Ryan replied. "I never said you're pretty. I said you're who you are and beautiful in the way you are."

"Uh, should I be offended by that?"

"Depends on how you're looking at it." He said. "And stop walking backward, you have every chance to get hurt."

"None of your concern jerkface."

"At least it's pretty. I snorted. "You prefer hot or sexy? Cause I don't mind." He added.

Along with our bickering and smart remarks, both of us crossed a wooden bridge, which didn't seem to be well built but strong enough to hold both of us.

"It might not seem to be built professionally cause I built it," Ryan said after we crossed the breeze. I turned around. "The bridge."

"You what?" I asked, confused.

"Not exactly I. There were two more too," Ryan continued. "Len and Caden."

There were they, again!

"Why such a fetish for building bridges?" I asked in a teasingly manner.

Ryan glared down at me but kept walking. "Don't know all of a sudden, I'm regretting my decision of bringing you here to see it."

"See what?" I asked. "The bridge?"

"No, this," he pointed at the large tree in front of us. It was at least three stories tall. Among the branches of the tree, I noticed it. The treehouse. Is this what he wanted to show me?

I turned my gaze back to Ryan. I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

"Come on, we don't have all night," he brought the ladder in front of my view and told me to climb up.

Now, it was time for me to confess that being Luna's best friend for a decade did no good to me.

But surprisingly, I reached up uninjured. I guess Ryan's continued threatening of not giving me any medical attention if I get hurt did the magic.

I waited for him to come up. I turned around and saw a wooden piece pinned on the door. It was scripted 'Avenger's Prime'.

I chuckled after realizing what it was named after.

"It was originally 'the Golden Trio' before we decided to turn it into something cooler," I heard Ryan's voice from behind me.

I chuckled at their cuteness. "'The Golden Trio?'"