Chapter Twenty Five: Issues & Complications

5 years ago

"Must we really go there?" Stella asked her best friend, Luna. She didn't exactly want to follow her but she couldn't leave her either.

"Leave if you want but I'm not going back. I wanna see what they are up to." Is all Luna said. Well, she just couldn't leave her best friend alone.

When they entered the museum, they were so excited that they lost track of their parents. As the troublemaker Luna was, she decided to follow those strange suspicious-looking men. Apart from being the best student and singer in their class, she knew the right way to walk into trouble.

"Look there they are," Luna pointing at the half-open door. They cautiously walked there and peaked inside the room.

"You think this is going to work?" They heard an old man asked. He wasn't the only one there. There were five of them. Only the man who had spoken looked old. Others were around their early twenties or less. None of them looked native.

"I'm confident." The youngest man in the room said. He wasn't exactly a man, more like a boy. He can't be more than twenty. And all his features screamed trouble. Well all of them did. "This room is forbidden for the public. Only the ones with a pass can come here. And no one would dare to think we kept it here. It'll remain unnoticed. We can take it easily off here when the time is right." He said as he unlocked the hidden chamber behind a portrait. But they did one wrong. Forgot the keys of the locker there while putting the portrait back on the place. When they left, Luna ran inside without any warning and unlocked the chamber. "We have to hand it to the police. These people don't seem like nice people." She told Stella.

But it wasn't their day. Just as they turned around, the very same young guy was standing on the other side of the room. He looked at the box of files in Luna's hand and groaned.

He of course didn't look happy. He was furious.

And this made Stella and Luna run. He cursed and followed them. They were small, so it was easy to lose him. But as they reached the first floor, where their mothers were, the guy was standing in front of them.

He yanked Luna's arm and both of them started to scream.

Before he could go any farther, a security came over. "Hey! What'd you think you're doing?" He let go of Luna's arm. They took the opportunity and ran to their mother.

They never told their parents what happened. It was a secret. A sacred memory. Something they hoped not to remember again.

When we went back home later that day, they went straight to the forest, the very same lakeside. There they dug a hole in a dry place under the old oak tree. Well, Luna did mostly. Stella just stood by her.

"Are you sure this is the right thing to do?" Stella asked her.

"I think so," she replied. Not that we have many options.

Stella nodded in agreement.

"I'm sorry I got you involved here," she said while brushing dust from her skirts when they were walking back home.

"No, it's okay, I'm fine, we're fine," I told her.

It was something she had long forgotten. Forgetting it seemed a lot easier than dealing with all the fears. Not that she thought there would be any consequences.

If only she knew.

Chapter 25: Issues & Complications