Chapter Sixteen: Clubs & Guns

Chapter 16: Clubs and Guns

"Er, guys is this the part where you're gonna tell me I have to get drunk and seduce someone?" I asked, my eyes on the building approaching in front of us.

"Nah, that's not all. After you get that we're going to sell you to them," Caleb snickered from the back seat. I glared at him. Ryan, like the helpful person he was, ignored both of us. I turned my gaze on him. Boy, he doesn't carry any sort of emotion on his face, as if he's invincible.

I snorted at the thought. I'm sure there must be something to break him after all. I turned back at the front, trying my best not to freak out.

"Stop that," Ryan said.

"What?"

"Stop staring as if it's about to swallow us. It's just a club, you've gone to parties before, right? It's not much different than those."

I scooted in my position, giving him enough hints.

"Oh," is all he said.

Yeah right, oh. I Do Not party.

Caleb texted me that he was going to pick me around six. We drove to the next town and parked in a mall where Ryan was going to meet us.

At first, I was okay. How much harm can anyone do in a mall, right?

But all my hopes were crushed when we met Ryan and he told us to get in his car. He explained the mall was just to cover up and here we are, parking the car in front of a club.

They both got out of the car. I was the last one to come out, taking my sweet time. What's the hurry, right?

Okay, I admit. I was nervous and scared as hell.

I was about to go to a fucking club!

They haven't said yet. Maybe it's another cover.

For once I was glad at my inner voice. I mean we all are still in high school, none of us have licenses to enter, right?

I shrugged in a nervous manner and looked at them, only to have all my hopes crushed. They might be two teenagers but no one could've figured out by giving a glance. Especially their expression on their face.

"How are we supposed to get in?" I asked.

They stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me. "What'd you mean?"

I sighed and gestured at the club in front of us. "It's a club, we need ids to get in. If any of you haven't noticed, we are all under twenty-one. We can't go in without at least one of us having the permission."

They responded with a dumb look. "Unless we have one."

"Only us honey," Caleb said. "Not you."

"So I'm not going?!" I exclaimed.

"Don't be too happy about it," Ryan told me. Just then a man stepped out of nowhere and patted Ryan on the back. He turned around and nodded. To my utmost horror, he handed Ryan a gun, I don't know which model regarding my lack of degrees on guns.

"Isn't it illegal for a person under eighteen to carry around a gun?" I said when the man moved towards Caleb.

"First, if you don't know, I turned eighteen two weeks ago," he said. How could I not know? Didn't they celebrate it? "I don't like to make a big deal of it, especially when Christmas is approaching nearby." He answered my thoughts.

"And moreover, it's not illegal to carry it when you have a license."

Of course, they had.

When the man left after whispering something in his ears. He nodded and looked at me. "As we were saying earlier before we got interrupted, Caleb and I got our fake ids but we couldn't manage one for you yet. But don't worry, we'll escort you in."