₁₅ ᴡᴀʀ

Sρσƚιϝყ ρʅαყʅιʂƚ ϝσɾ αʂʂαʂʂιɳʂ
ʅιɳƙҽԃ ιɳ ɱყ Ⴆισ
┈˃̶༒˂̶┈
Dαყ 3 ɯιƚԋ Dɾαƈσ
┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

The last morning, the third and final time Ava will be sleeping on Draco's sofa

The last morning, the third and final time Ava will be sleeping on Draco's sofa. Although she didn't sleep at all. She couldn't. She stayed up all night thinking about Graham. His sick pervy eyes on her body while she remained helplessly tied to a chair in front of him. Pretty much allowing him to do whatever he wanted and she would have no way of escaping, she would have to endure it. If it wasn't for Draco, there was no telling what Graham would have done to her.

She wasn't sure how long she had been laying, staring at the window for but she knew it was for a long time.

She had watched the daylight shine through the gaps in the closed curtains and only this morning, did she realize she hadn't seen them open. Not once in her short time here.

Her curiosity got the best of her as she pushed the blanket, that was keeping her warm, onto the floor. Her bare feet tiptoed gently as she made her way to the large curtains. They were heavy as she pulled them open slightly, only enough for her to see out.

Her lips parted and her eyes grew as she found herself taking a step back. To shocked by what she saw.

She remembered Hogwarts as a beautiful place to be. No ugly scenes in sight. She remembered it was always bright and made you feel happy. Never did she think it would look like this.

Now buildings were cracked and broken, leaving nothing but rubble to linger on the paths. Fire and smoke in the distance. The forest was bare, with no sight of green in her eye view. It looked like the castle was right in the middle of a battlefield.

"Is it worse than you imagined?" she jumped as she heard Draco's deep voice behind her.

"I'm not sure what I expected but it wasn't this" her voice was sad as she spoke, year's of memories, from when she was a child entered her mind. Now all those happy memories are nothing but a cold memory.

"You get used to it," Draco said, "although I prefer the curtains closed"

"Is the whole of England like this?" Ava wanted to know.

"Mostly" Draco answered, "Scotland is completely destroyed, nothing but ruins, even the muggle lands. And England and Wales are coming close to being gone. Only the south of England remains partially intact"

"For how long?" she dared ask.

"The Dark Lord wants it gone within the next two years," Draco said with his hands behind his back.

"What about the people?" Ava asked as fear filled her body.

"Most of the population is dead. But some have survived" Draco said, swallowing a lump in his throat, "some have gone into hiding or have attempted to get to the south. And some have turned against everything and have tried to kill us. There is a war going on, Ava"

Ava thought the war was over. Done. Voldermort won. She thought that was it. But now muggles are involved. There's a war going on outside. The home she once knew was gone. Nothing to go back to. She had muggle friends and now she fears they are dead.

She holds back her tears, "have you killed anyone?" Ava questioned him.

He looked away, like he was disappointed, "I have. Many times. So much so that I've lost count"

She needed to sit down. Her legs felt like they'd give way any moment, "why?"

"I have too" Draco responded, fixing eyes with her. She understood that he had no choice but she feared she wouldn't have a choice either soon.

"We should start practising." he said like he was trying to change the subject, "Blaise is coming to take you back this afternoon. We should make the most of the time we have together. We won't be able to do this again. And you need to be ready for the tests" Draco said as he walked toward the curtains and pulled them closed.

Ava walked into the bathroom and got herself ready. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and saw her wounds had healed, only a scar remained on her cheekbone.

┈˃̶༒˂̶┈

They practised all day. She learnt new skills. New techniques. She learnt how to spot someone's next movements. And tricks. How to catch someone out. She learnt that fighting isn't only about being a good fighter, it's about being smart and not making your next move obvious.

The day flew by, it wasn't long before she heard three knocks on the door. Both Ava and Draco lowered their swords. Locking eyes, knowing this may be the last time they can even talk to each other. There won't be another chance. Ever.

Ava felt like something was missing. Like she was forgetting something or didn't do enough. Draco looked at her the same way. Their chests both rose. Hearts thudding in both of their chests.

Another knock sounded, Ava thought that maybe Draco was waiting for her to leave. Maybe he couldn't wait until she was gone, to finally get rid of her, perhaps.

So she placed her sword down and turned around to leave.

But suddenly, a hand on her wrist stopped her, and with one swift movement, her body was turned back around as she crashed into Draco's chest. Their lips connect like magnets. Like nothing in this world could separate them, not even the war going on outside.

At first, she fought against it but as soon as she felt his lips on hers, she gave in.

His kiss was strong and slightly rough, even though their lips were soft. His hand was on her waist, pulling her impossibly close.

Another knock sounded and they both knew they had to answer. They both knew it was time to go back to their dreadful reality.

Draco didn't look at her when their short kiss broke. Ava watched as he walked toward the door and opened it. She followed behind him, waiting to be taken by Blaise.

She didn't want to go back, nothing was worse than that large training room, the meals, the constant fear and lack of freedom. She was a prisoner in this hell. And her only option was to become an assassin to escape it.

___________________________________

Insta - @ 90swh0r_3

Copyright © 90swh0r3